Wheeling Gull Isle in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven
Rivenwood
Leaf
224 Posts
Ooc — Twin
i thought i replied to this but apparently i did not! i am an idiot i am so sorry SOB

Maybe He told us to love 'em through Ami and Papa.
Blinking away the tears from stained glass eyes, her little face nestles into her brother's shoulder. She is safe here. There are no darkling children, there is no doubt of Mama and Daddy and God. There is only Simeon and he is her brother and he is here.
They are not unlike each other, in a lot of ways. They understood each other; eldest and youngest, both bearing their Daddy's name and the splatters of russet that trace back to a great-grandmother they will only know in death. Simeon has Daddy's eyes, his inflection, his smile. He was the caregiver, the strong arms, the shoulder, the rock. Dinah's rock.
They were the most like Daddy of all the children. The two left behind when Kai swept Judah away in his soot-black arms.
I do that lots, he says, and Dinah understands.
I think yer right, she mumbles, voice garbled and nose runny. sometimes I think I miss a lot of stuff. Or like I'm no one's favorite. I'm just kinda... here.
And then, a look; a worried expression cast in the shades of midnight, and a change of subject from the flighty mind of a little girl. Kai kinda scares me too.
love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
it always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Messages In This Thread
RE: in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven - by Dinah - July 13, 2023, 11:08 AM