Noctisardor Bypass i’ll pick a star from the sky, pull your name from a hat
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
699 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
I don’t know why I thought they were thorny; they’re actually a little berry of sorts, aren’t they? *slaps forehead*

Dinah was an autodidact. Druid was even more impressed, though her niece’s words sowed a new crop of questions in her mind. She didn’t speak to any of them now, particularly because she knew the family’s history on the island was more than a little fraught. But over time, she hoped to find out some of the answers.

I can’t wait, she said, watching as Dinah sifted through the rose hips. I don’t doubt you, though I’m wondering if I just eat them like this? Or can I mash them up and sprinkle them on some food? Or in some drink? Or maybe feed some to a rabbit, then eat that rabbit? Druid quipped with glittering eyes, as if she could ever pull off such a thing.

Apparently the talk of eating and drinking triggered a roll of nausea. Druid bit back a sigh. There wasn’t time to whip up some fancy recipe. She supposed she should be grateful she would have an opportunity to test their effectiveness so quickly.

Fighting queasiness, Druid bent and licked some of the riper rose hips into her mouth. They were very floral and a little tart. She chewed and swallowed… and felt absolutely terrible when she gagged a second later. A black fist flew to her mouth, which she pressed shut in the hope the wave would pass.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: i’ll pick a star from the sky, pull your name from a hat - by Druid - April 17, 2024, 08:31 AM