Heron Lake Plateau sometimes I can't even see the reason why
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW, tag for reference!

Most puppies Raleska's age might have taken to their new digs with great enthusiasm; Raleska did not. The travel, the trauma, the disappearance of more than half of her family all had made her a dull and despondent child. Not even @Svalinn chased away the clouds that seemed to constantly shuffle behind her.

Raleska might have survived the painful loss of her siblings, if her father hadn't gone with them. Loneliness had set in, and then hurt, and then abandonment and anger, and eventually grief: these were complex emotions for a child, and Raleska lacked the capabilities and the foresight to process each individually as they came. Instead she compartmentalized them, turning into an angry ball of stormy grey and black fluff that dragged her claws ominously around the den and issued a great many sighs and grunts so that all within earshot could share her misery.

Having been chased out of the den because of her sour groaning, Raleska slumped at the mouth and stared in at her mother and Svalinn. She had already been scolded once for being too noisy, and feeling particularly foul she grabbed a stick, placed it between her teeth, and chewed its flaky surface with the most obnoxious crunches she could manage.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Raleska - July 10, 2018, 06:29 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Svalinn - September 02, 2018, 09:50 AM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Raleska - September 11, 2018, 08:13 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Svalinn - September 24, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Raleska - October 09, 2018, 10:28 AM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Svalinn - October 10, 2018, 04:27 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Raleska - October 20, 2018, 08:17 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Svalinn - November 18, 2018, 12:57 PM
RE: sometimes I can't even see the reason why - by Raleska - November 27, 2018, 08:51 PM