Cerulean Cape We turn our headphones all the way up and we press play
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel had known all along. She'd known that her boy hadn't run off by himself, that he had always wanted to return but he simply didn't know how. Much in the same way that she and Indra had been unable to return to Silver Creek when they had been taken away by Reek, because they just did not know the way, he too had been too young to find his way back alone. When he eventually had, they had left, of course. Laurel knew she shouldn't have left Bearclaw Valley because her children would find their way back one day. Why had she let others convince her to do so?

None of it mattered now because Lucas was here now and she could engulf him in a hug, smell all the scents on his fur, pick through what was the same and different now. She didn't know what to say when he pulled back his face -- she didn't realise how big he was fully until that moment when she looked up at him -- and asked where they'd gone. After a moment she said: It was really just a few wolves left and because it was winter, we had to move. We ended up joining Lost Creek Hollow, nearby. Piper left, too, so me and Indra decided to go and look for you and Pipes. We've found out where Piper lives, so we can all go home now. She said 'home' a little uncertainly, because honestly, Laurel was not too sure where that was nowadays. Yeah, they could head back to Lost Creek Hollow, but would it really be home..? Do you need to say good-bye to your friends? she asked, realising that he'd mentioned friends. Only then as she said it did she realise that maybe it was an option for them all to move in with whoever had taken care of her poor lost boy.

And then she realised that she hadn't even asked what had happened at all. Rewinding, Laurel said: Oh, but I'm getting ahead of things. We should head back to aunt Indra, and you can tell me all about what happened. How does that sound?
Messages In This Thread