Sun Mote Copse sponsored by otters holding hands while they sleep.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
What a hell of a day. 

Bronco was already a handful- and he didn't take punishment well. Simply grabbing him and dragging him back to where he was supposed to be wasn't enough to teach him a lesson. She raised her voice, made a scary face, but it didn't seem to have much effect on him anymore. Once or twice, at first, loud words and a stern face had made him whimper and cry- but now, he didn't care. He seemed to know that even if she did that, no real harm would befall him. So she'd tried grounding him- making him stay in the den when Nellie was allowed outside, if he'd misbehaved. But it took every fibre of her limited patience to keep him blocked inside the den, as he wouldn't just listen to her verbal commands. He'd learned to bite, and had left little pinprick teeth marks on her tail as he'd tried to get out earlier. Fortunately, even he needed some downtime, so she'd eventually been given time to nap. 

It took her a moment or two to wake up when she heard Finley's voice. She sat up- but as soon as she opened her eyes and blinked a few times, she saw Bronco's brown back end beeline for the den's entrance. "Bronco Blackthorn you [i]get back here now!" She cried, but the kid kept going. Unfortunately for him, Niamh was quick to get to her feet, and sandwiched him between them just as he made his way out of the den. She blinked up at Finley, and managed an exhasperated smile as she sighed. "Sorry, Finley, he just-OUCH!" She said, lifting a foot as he managed to sink his little needle-teeth into her ankle. He hung on for a moment, before he let go and flopped a couple inches to the ground, picked himself up instantly and took advantage of his newfound freedom. "Little brute," She laughed, though a bit of self-consciousness showed. This was her son- the little menace. Her parenting prowess was on full display right now. "G'wan." She said, allowing the child a bit of freedom- though it was clear he was going to take it anyway. "This is Auntie Finley, Bronco," She said, in a calm voice that showed, still, the tiniest bit of strain. "That," She said to Finley, "Is Bronco, though I prolly should've named him 'the-death-of-me.'" She said with a genuine laugh.
Messages In This Thread