Swiftcurrent Creek BWP P3: For you, I know I would get messed up
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
it was just purely terrifying.

the world, the beautiful home to not only them but absolutely everything from fellow predators, to large prey animals like magnificent herds of deer or the equally important smaller critters hopping about like rabbits and mice and don't forget the vegetation itself, tall swaying trees and rock filled creeks; it was all at risk as the world did everything in its power to dispose of them all. what had they done to anger it so? she didn't get it but she'd become confident that there was simply nothing more terrifying that could happen than this and yet life went on; she marvelled at the birds continuing to sing and swoop; the rabbits still hopped; the mice still scurried; the deer still grazed and the trees still whispered. sure it wasn't all the same, she knew prey was fleeing and trees were falling but what remained continued the precious ritual that kept everyone alive. it was so depressingly beautiful and her heart ached at this civil war taking place in a land usually so peaceful.

the earth versus its entire population; the winner was clear yet still they tried. it was all they could ever do. 

the world had let out another snarl today; causing her to stumble and hit her shoulder off a nearby rock with a pained yelp. however jaws had been quick to snap shut as guilt stirred in her stomach; with what had happened to lainie, her poor beloved lainie, it seemed wrong to even wince at such a minute thing as a potentially bruised shoulder. ears leaned back against her head at the moment of panic to follow; it happened every time. things ran and toppled and all she could do was watch; what did they run to? there was no escaping this. yet then above it all, as strong and powerful as ever was papa's howl and instinctively she relaxes; calmer now that an accomplishable goal has been presented to her; go to the source.

it doesn't take long to reach him and her steps falter briefly at the sight of lainie's jerky movements; pain shooting through her at the sight but she attempts to cover it up and continue on shakily. she froze at the sight of mass destruction; bi eyes wide with horror. parts of the mountain had literally fallen into the creek and she watched on; unable to look away despite the growing dread as the water literally began to lower before her very eyes. there are no words; nothing to say to that as she simply moves in close to her sister, gaze not leaving the creek once as she awaits word from the only wolf she believed capable of coming up with any sort of solution to this.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: BWP P3: For you, I know I would get messed up - by RIP Polaris - October 04, 2019, 01:58 PM