Sun Mote Copse It's called a lance, hello!
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
What Phox explained to her was the only thing Niamh could think of that might possibly put her mind at ease about taking another mate during her lifetime, without having angry, jealous dead-exes waiting for her when she died. It wasn't uncommon for wolves to take another mate after their first passed on- especially with Niamh being as young as she was....And the same with Phox.

All she wanted, though, was something like what Elwood and Finley had. Being together for ages, and pumping out as many children as possble. That was how it was supposed to be. Now, though, her mate had already passed on- so she was left dealing with the alternaive, which was to simply partner with others, and still at least acheive the goal of mothering as many children as possible still...But having a lifelong partner and oodles of children was much different than having more than one partner, and more than one batch of children. That was different. 

Would she ever judge Phox for taking another mate within a year of losing Camilla? No, not at all...But the fact that she hadn't particularly liked Camilla did have an effect on that sentiment. Had Phox been with someone Niamh cared about, she might have begrudged him for moving on...But a year was time. A year was enough time to raise children to the point where they were adults and could survive on their own...So could the same be said of allowing a discontinued partnership? Was it enough time?

She shrugged. Her throat ached, and she didn't feel like she could say much without crying, still. "I kind of get it." She said. "If we become sort of...Infinite." She said. After all- if all of them became infinite energy, they could love and be happy without any limits. She would never not love Colt enough, simply because another part of her infinite self loved someone else. She could cope with that, the same way Phox did, she supposed. But...

Did she feel that way about him? 

Up until moments ago, she hadn't felt anything for anyone. That stranger had tempted her- but he had pulled more anger from her than anything else. That was perhaps her most familiar go-to strong emotion. Phox was doing the best for his kids, and knew that he had to be happy in order for them to be happy...And his kids seemed plenty nice. Probably better-rounded than her two were. One was missing and the other one was a nutcase. Maybe her kids had missed out, this entire year, because she hadn't been happy...But she found herself doubting, very much, that her finding a new partner would make either of her kids happy. And that, above her own happiness, was her priority. 

"I...I don't think Bronco would handle it." She admitted. "And if Nellie came back...If I was in her place, I'd feel like my Mom was trying to build a replacement family." She confessed, and she shook her head. "My kids...Aren't like yours," She said, and shrugged. "All they had was me. and I wasn't enough."
Messages In This Thread
It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 29, 2019, 07:19 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by Phox - December 29, 2019, 07:37 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 29, 2019, 07:47 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by Phox - December 29, 2019, 07:53 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 29, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by Phox - December 30, 2019, 11:41 AM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 30, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by Phox - December 30, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 31, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by Phox - December 31, 2019, 10:43 AM
RE: It's called a lance, hello! - by RIP Niamh - December 31, 2019, 10:54 AM