Ankyra Sound There are times that walk from you like some passing afternoon
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Satisfactory or not, Raleska accepted the answer in silence. Her mind was in chaos - her thoughts buzzing around in cacophony.

It was like she was already gone, Ephraim detailed. The words sunk to her gut, clawing fitfully as they sunk to her bones. My fault, Raleska thought bitterly, turning her dark muzzle away so Ephraim would not see the dark rivulet that curled down her cheek like a blackened vein. The more Ephraim explained the more Raleska realized she did not have the stomach for such news: upon hearing the failure of her mother's hind limbs Raleska felt another violent insurgence of nausea - this time forcing her to steady herself with her forelimbs.

"Ohhh," she moaned, sorrow blading sharp in her warbling voice. "It's my fault," she whispered in a hushed wail, her tear-struck gaze locked to the thrashing shore, where Ephraim would not see the

guilt
hurt
grief
exhaustion
defeat

that lurked in eyes too young to have deserved witnessing such heavy emotions

Raleska slunk to the ground, a strangled wail keening her throat. She buried her head deep into the cold sand, covering her skull with both black paws, as sobs roiled from her body like the uncurling thrash of tormented waves.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There are times that walk from you like some passing afternoon - by Raleska - January 22, 2020, 08:02 PM