Jade Fern Grove a saint bernard sits at the top of the driveway
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
Private 
@West Tyree , @Zephyr
small bit of pp w west, lemme know if that's not ok!

having to wait an extra week had not been ideal but polaris had lingered on the thread between determination and idiocy for a bit before making the wiser decision to wait out the blizzards that had sniggered at those who'd dared hope for spring. if it had only been her embarking on this little mission then perhaps she would not have let weather stand in the way of her goal but she didn't want west's first trip outside of the borders to end with them freezing to death. she was also pretty sure that valette wouldn't be too impressed by such behaviour either. so when things had finally cleared up enough to appear travel worthy, she'd paced impatiently on the pack's scent lines waiting for west to join her. the air still had a bite that stung at her throat and ruffled the fur on her shoulders but giving how this winter seemed determined to plague them for as long as possible, such conditions were familiar to the point of being easy to ignore. 

they moved at a quick pace through the damp grass now, her muscles stretching leisurely as she snaked forth briskly. she'd cast a look at west every now and then to see how he was faring, hoping she wasn't moving too quick for him but unable to bring herself to slow- not yet. it was as if she feared that letting herself slack even the slightest would result in them getting whisked back within the borders of easthollow and now that she was finally free to do her thing, imagining being stopped again had her gut writhing viciously. still, despite the anxiety tingling throughout her figure leaving her uncharacteristically silent, it felt superb to be out roaming again and her heart strained so far forth that it appeared to be a few paces ahead of her dainty steps at all times. 

after a while though, she'd begin to slow as the treeline of a small forest came into view and with a little grin to her companion; she'd step beneath the thickening canopy and let wide eyes adjust to the gloom. fog had slunk alongside them during their whole journey so far and it was no different in here, in fact there was something spectacularly eerie about the way it curled wispy tendrils around the limbs of both trees and themselves. shaking herself, polaris finally let loose a little sigh and leaned her back against one of the trees. "wanna rest a bit?she'd chirp, paws pressing into the soft earth as she glanced about. "i was hoping the weather would be a bit more pleasant considering it's your first time outshe mused dryly, stretching each stiff muscle in turn "but oh well hopefully it'll improve with time!"

shifting her weight, she chewed on her lip whilst listening to the familiar song of the birds, trying to relax to both it and the lush scents one could only find in a damp forest on the brim of blooming. "so my plan is...well your closest neighbours apparently are a pack not too far off i'd say we're about halfway, so we find them and ask them if they recognize any of the names from my familyshe shrugs a little, aware that the plan wasn't perhaps that most elegant. "at least it gives us somewhere to start- and sorry if i'm a little uh..fidgety i'm just stressed y'knowshe blinks down to her dirtied paws, still shuffling them through the old vegetation littering the floor. glancing back up, a small smile flits across her features as she adds with a touch of jest "so how are you finding the big wide world so far?"
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
a saint bernard sits at the top of the driveway - by RIP Polaris - April 18, 2020, 11:48 AM