Stone Circle And I wonder
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette was convinced she was pregnant, until a few days ago. Ever since she had seen her sister give birth she had that familiar feeling of teats filling up with milk, only the strange thing was that she didn't have the weight that normally came with the pregnancy. She had gone through heat, but to give milk already it was far too early. Valette had three litters and things had never happened in this order. When the milk would start, she would be close to giving birth which didn't fit in the timeline with her heat. It confused the female greatly, and it upset her. Because if she was giving milk already it probably meant that this year she would not have pups of her own. She still wasn't sure how she was going to tell Greyback. Maybe he noticed that she had been growing teats but not known that it was far too early for that. Valette blamed herself, it was probably because of her body condition. A few months ago the matriarch had been on the brink of starvation and her body was still recovering.

To have milk without having any pups was extremely confronting. Empty feeling. Valette made her way to Nanook's den. The matriarch looked visibly upset. "Nook--,' she croaked as she saw her. Valette wanted to keep herself together but she never experienced this before. To be.. barren. It was a terrible feeling. "I-- I'm not--," she couldn't even say it. When she saw the little pups, a jab of jealousy and disappointment shot through her. She just looked at her sister. She hoped she understood what she meant to say. "I have milk. Can... Can I please feed yours?," she asked, desperate to at least nurture something. She was glad that Nanook agreed and quickly went to lie down inside the den. She nudged the little ones closer to her belly where there was more than enough milk for them.

edit; Little PP at the end approved by jaclyn :)
Messages In This Thread
And I wonder - by RIP Valette - May 23, 2020, 09:53 AM
RE: And I wonder - by Selamuit - May 23, 2020, 01:01 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Kallik - May 23, 2020, 11:57 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Ikiaq - May 24, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: And I wonder - by Taktuq - June 02, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: And I wonder - by RIP Valette - June 07, 2020, 02:36 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Nanook - June 11, 2020, 01:03 PM