Lost Creek Hollow the stars are alive
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
aaa the kuroo fc; i love him even more now c':

eyes widen a fraction, plume rustling at her hocks at his proclaimed suggestion. anything you like...gaze lifts to the shivering canopy, startled by the rush of emotion to piggyback on that sentence and settle snugly within. on one paw it evokes something akin to euphoria, the taste of tantalizing freedom and power. she controls this narrative to at least some degree, even if she has no power to stop what crumbles around her- she can control just how this shapes and prods at herself. but there is a melancholic edge present too, the awareness that she is in fact the only one left to decide on who she was, that the girl would never so much as get a chance to ask her parents what the name they'd gifted her even meant. was it selfish to feel such dissatisfaction at something as miniscule as having to decide what her identity stood for? ears slunk back a fraction as she inhaled deeply; was it bad that she wanted to scream that it wasn't enough? that she wanted to know what polaris meant and why her parents had chosen it for her, that she was so enraged at the world for making it so that she could never know. 

but- "winter's graspshe echoes softly, scintillating stare dropping back to the boy sat before her. but she's not truly alone in finding herself, is she? they were not solitary creatures after all, the world could steal from them and strike blows at them but as long as there was more than one of them...they had the ability to thrive. lips quirk up, shadows retreating somewhat. beautiful, tragic winter. she'd had a deep disliking for the season when she was younger, too cold and barren for a girl that thrived in dappled light and radiant blossoms but with time she'd come to appreciate it's ethereal allure. it was a harsh, brazen beauty...unafraid and potent...she definitely had no qualms with being referred to as such a thing. "i like that a lot actually, i mean...unless you're trying to say i come off as icywhimsical hums lilt into attempted humour, an effort to shake off the dazing press of such unalloyed emotion as wavering smile returns to a more ardent state with the arch of slender brows. she knew well of course, that he wasn't suggesting such a thing, which was hopefully made clear by the teasing hitch to her voice. 

she's not sure what exactly it is, but the easy pass of his next words has her ears splaying a little; eyes flicking away to focus on the coruscating dance of intertwining leaves as warmth tickled at her figure. what the hell was wrong with her? get a grip girl. it wasn't as if the dove was new to the realm of compliments, and at that all he'd said was that her name suited her. tipping her chin a little, her jaw would set as she drove eyes back to press against the lustre of his own as if she were facing off a challenging threat- which was all well and good but, what was she exactly supposed to say? swallowing against a vexingly itchy throat, she'd keep that grin planted firmly upon dark lips with a hastily thrown "oh- uh- thanks! yours suits you too! i didn't say that already did i?did she? jeez she didn't have a clue, and actually why did she ask him that just made her look dumb! damn, her position seemed to slack further as brows furrowed a little- what was wrong with her? she wasn't used to feeling so...lame.

at least the conversation shifted back to talk of their homes, surely she wouldn't manage to sound like a confused whelp now. her head cocks, a quick little bird like motion. morningside? a thoughtful frown as her head shakes slowly "no...no i'm sorry i've definitely never heard of a morningside. there are so many packs around here though that i know nothing about so i wouldn't lose hope! if you know the names of anyone you're looking for i can see if i've ever met them? there are so many wolves around here though so i can't promise anything but..you never know.it has her wondering, not for the first time, if she has family outside of her immediate circle. it had never occutred to her until west had spoken of his plethora of relatives and now brave as well, on the hunt for distant family...it was a bit startling to know that she may meet someone very dear to her papa, mama or maman and wouldn't even be aware of it. focus drifts to the dappled floor, teeth absent mindedly picking at her lip against the ache, damn she really missed her family.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
the stars are alive - by Brave - June 01, 2020, 04:40 PM
RE: the stars are alive - by RIP Polaris - June 03, 2020, 10:32 AM
RE: the stars are alive - by Brave - June 14, 2020, 04:49 PM
RE: the stars are alive - by RIP Polaris - June 15, 2020, 10:22 AM
RE: the stars are alive - by Brave - June 27, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: the stars are alive - by RIP Polaris - July 01, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: the stars are alive - by Brave - July 23, 2020, 05:26 PM
RE: the stars are alive - by RIP Polaris - August 10, 2020, 12:12 PM