Snowforest Taiga righteous children
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
wc;1384

the only words to have swam through the darkness to linger cruelly about fluttering ears before her quick intrusion on the hushed conversation almost put a stop to her rushed progression. they seem to echo within the cup of her ears for a lifetime before making their way slowly through her mind; leaving a wave of icy cold licking at her insides in its wake. 'where's papa?' the further it travels into the depths of a fragile healing soul, the more distortion seems to warble and croon its uttering. suddenly her own voice cries it out, panicked hysteria sinking curved claws into her chest...and then it is sweet little lainie sobbing it forth at this further injustice pushed upon a girl who did not deserve a day's unhappiness. even zephyr with his sharply cutting words of vehement distaste towards the sable raven, now she hears the crack of deeply sown guilt tearing at him. guilt that will try to fester and destroy. and helios...growing softer and softer in the memory of youth...edges starting to blur in his mind's image and yet still his voice echoes with stark clarity as he whispers that question. there is no answer, papa is just..no more. he is gone. 

somehow her paws continue to draw her into the shifting shadow's embrace despite the roar of her wayward mind and eyes are feverishly bright as her brother shoots forth into the caress of her figure. she even manages to produce a quiet smile from the murk lapping at the confines of her inner being, wrapping as much of her willowy frame around him as possible at the words that pierce through the fog. the blackbird's song, like the burning rays of dawn batting back the sneering dark. "i missed you tooshe whispers hoarsely "but don't worry i'm here nowshe is here, not gone and for this boy she will fight the odds of the earth when death comes lurking hungrily. she will not be another name he has to ask about fretfully, she won't be a 'where's pola' she will be here. never gone. 

her jaw clenches briefly at the feathery arrow to piece forth at what the earthen clad woman murmurs. what is the use in speaking tones so soft when the words themselves have the ability to pierce and cut? wrapping a blade in delicate velvet only works to the marvelling eye, when the time comes it will still cut through flesh like a knife through butter. she peers through the shifting gloom. "your pup?she returns, voice lilting forth with its own padded softness. deciding she too will sprinkle downy feathers and vibrant petals across her utterings, finding wry amusement in the idea that to a passerby the hummed melodies slipping free from the tenebrous den mouth would suggest the most pleasant of conversations were being shared. "your pack does not own my family just because some lives both came to be and..ceased to be on your soilshe blinks down at the huddled mass pressed to her, eyes guttering as she inhaled deeply. why is it that the world has taken such a fascination towards testing the boundaries of their little family?

this child should be allowed live in bliss with his dancing flowers and scuttling creatures, why punish someone who marvelled so fervently at the earth's own little wonders? she is going in circles with this thought process, having confirmed the harsh truth several times now that the nature of your soul meant nothing in the hands of fate. that the sweetest, purest being might die a premature, terrible death and yet the cruellest villian may live a full life and pass serenely into the mist in the calm clutches of sleep. yet it still pierces her, still picks away at her nevertheless...the lack of fairness, of justice. and her powerlessness to be but a pawn in this game stroked an ever growing flame sitting with brazen defiance in the center of her being. 

continuing softly, she looks back to the woman she'd met on the whitebark stream borders only weeks ago and yet it felt like an entire lifetime "he is a tonrar and he is his own person, he belongs to his name and himself. whether this is but an important adventure that he will return to you's after or he has decided to leave that place behind is only his decisionperhaps a heavy statement to leave in the paws of a child but polaris didn't care, she remembered if only vaguely being such an age and it was the decisions she'd made then that had shaped her today. he deserved choices and if they were made naively and were to be regretted than he would someday change them, but it would be him always that made those choices. he would not be owned, controlled. their family were not posessions to observe with drawns brows of hushed pity. they were individuals of light and strength. 

teeth press harder at the incredulous talk to tumble forth next. it is perhaps a little unfair to judge so harsly on the delivering of a topic so difficult to understand and portray no matter how long you'd roamed the earth and yet her fur prickles like a defensive hedgehog. they are not still here, she does not mourn for a being that can still be reached. she will never hear the deep rumble of his voice, the bright spark in those verdant eyes, press her cheek to the protective embrace of his solid figure. they live on through memories and love but that is not here, she carries her papa with her and yet still he is gone. watching over them? perhaps he does but that does not make him here. but she keeps her mouth shut, eyes shifting wearily to blink upon the slanting light casting her flamboyant hues on the gleam and sparkle of the treacherous beauty beyond. she does not usually enjoy the dark, relishing in the way the light allows life and nature to flourish. but in this moment, she feels safer in the gloom's clutch than out under the sharp peer of the sun. 

her eyes flutter shut against the pulse of her heart at alsek's quietly murmured words but when they open she smiles and nods gently. she shoots a look to the woman as she intercepts before she can speak, frowning once more at the wording. talk about applying weight to an already heavy decision, did she wish to flatten the pup to the ground? yet it brought to light a new question and polaris was left to judge her own reckless and perhaps naive actions. say alsek did choose to remain with her? what if she brought him back to easthollow and valette didn't let him in? or the ranks were too heavy with their own pups? she did not know how many mothers were expecting within the protective stones. what would she do then? but what if there was room and he could flourish in a land where wolves did not speak to him about eternal sleeps and observe him as if he were as fragile as a glass vase. she didn't want him to have to grow up as 'that pup who's parents died', life as fleeting as it was, had so much more to offer than that.

when she did speak, it was simply to murmur very quietly "alsek home is wherever you want to be, where you feel happy and safe. i...this is something i can't answer for you, home is where you want to go. and if you want to go back to whitebark stream with her, if that is home to you then you do that. and if it's not home to you, then i will bring you somewhere but home is up to you. i will not be able to go back with you to that pack okay? but i won't ever be gone i promise. i'm here and i'm here to stay, never ever gone.the smile remains despite the shard to press against her chest, guilty for putting such a decision on his small shoulders and yet unable to see any other way to go about it. child or not, alsek must decide where home is himself.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
righteous children - by Rosewood - June 10, 2020, 09:28 AM
RE: righteous children - by Aphrodite - June 10, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: righteous children - by RIP Polaris - June 10, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: righteous children - by Rosewood - June 10, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: righteous children - by Aphrodite - June 10, 2020, 04:29 PM
RE: righteous children - by RIP Polaris - June 11, 2020, 10:03 AM
RE: righteous children - by Rosewood - June 16, 2020, 11:36 AM
RE: righteous children - by Aphrodite - June 17, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: righteous children - by RIP Polaris - June 26, 2020, 01:16 PM