Sun Mote Copse Along the skyline
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh wasn't expecting Towhee to defend Eljay's decision. If anything, she'd figured that Towhee might empathize with her sentiments more if she brought Eljay's decisions into question, and she felt slighted that her friend seemed to side with what she considered to be the wrong medical decision. Towhee also seemed to think that Eljay had been trying to teach Fennec, a point she would be quick to dispute. -"He wasn't teaching her, though, he just left. I'd've thought teaching would involve mentoring, guiding, correcting. An' unless Fennec has medical training I don't know about, I didn't feel comfortable having her do something she dun know how to do, without said master's supervision, on a child- when I could do myself what I know how to do. Who would you have chosen to tend your child's wounds? Someone untrained, or someone who knows what they're doing?"- She stopped herself there. 

She'd made a valid point- but Rasalas wasn't her child. She exhaled sharply, and turned her gaze away. She flicked her ears back and gritted her teeth together. She'd exposed a little bit of herself there, and remained tense for a moment before she gave her muzzle a twitch, and continued to stare obstinately off into the distance. 

-"I might've been overprotective of the kid after searching for Alyx."- She confessed. It was about as much ground as she was willing to give. -"And I don't take it kindly when young adults step out of bounds, sass me, shove me around and expect to be permitted to do so without repercussion. Much less so in front of children."- She said. Children were permitted that liberty- but by the time they reached a year in age, Niamh stopped simply letting youth get what they wanted by crying, yelling, pleading or even displays of dominance. They could sort out their heirarchy amongst themselves with those techniques, but they wouldn't fly when used as tools against a leader. That sort of foolishness needed to be bridled and turned into something productive.
Messages In This Thread
Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 22, 2020, 07:24 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 12:23 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Along the skyline - by RIP Niamh - September 23, 2020, 07:05 PM