Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
To everyone else Kigipigak had boasted about his exploits, the trial of the kill order he had been given, and found comfort in knowing he had done what his sisters could not.

He had only recently begun to doubt the past as he knew it; so in sharing this time he made sure to change the story enough to make it sound perilous for him, rather than letting his own pride characterize the story in its usual way. Kigipigak thought that maybe the woman would appreciate things more this way. Those that he had told reacted poorly in knowing he had culled his own father and so he had left that part out this time.

To Kigipigak's surprise the change was well met. Praimfaya found the course of action sensible and that acceptance of the tale, plus the similarities in temperment to his mother, emboldened and enamored him towards the warrior woman.

Yes, that is it exactly! He remarks with a nod, a brief grin. The expression falters upon his face when Priamfaya moves on, shifting the topic from past mistakes to future endeavors effortlessly. She speaks of putting down roots; for the first time Kigipigak finds it easy to agree with her, and thinks of what Mahler has said to him also.

Kigipigak does not know what to say in response for a moment. He does not want to mention what Mahler has said, but it is topical, and he tries to play it all off as humorous instead; a hearty chuckle rolls from his chest. He must be much older than he looks! Playing matchmaker. He said as much to me when we met. Offered me a home for the winter and a place to start my own legacy if I wanted. No indication was given if Kigipigak was supportive of that or not, yet.

I would think an older man like himself would have a woman of his own, but perhaps fate was not so kind to him.
Messages In This Thread
i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - January 23, 2021, 05:43 AM
RE: i hope you devour - by Kigipigak - January 25, 2021, 07:44 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - January 31, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by Kigipigak - February 08, 2021, 04:13 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - February 10, 2021, 12:35 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by Kigipigak - February 13, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - February 13, 2021, 02:48 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by Kigipigak - February 13, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - February 14, 2021, 07:22 AM
RE: i hope you devour - by Kigipigak - February 17, 2021, 10:26 AM
RE: i hope you devour - by RIP Praimfaya - February 17, 2021, 11:15 AM