Dragoncrest Cliffs and be yourself my ally in love’s battle
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her heart thrummed in her chest. She could do this. This didn't involve speaking, explaining, or communicating- all she had to do was be swift, and she could do that. Even when it was clarified that the race would take place in the water, the young Beryl was not phased- she could swim, and she would match pace with the best of them. The rolling waves were daunting, but she was not frightened- she had complete faith in her mothers, and knew that they would not have suggested such a race if they believed it was dangerous. She had played in the waves growing up- and felt at home along the shore.

She could sense Valravn's dread, though, and reached out to lick his cheek encouragingly. She was his shadow on the land, and would be his shadow in the water too, if he needed someone to help spur his confidence. They could do this together, she thought- if they swam side by side, they would have a better chance of fighting the current. 

It was only when her mother announced that the race was only for Merlin, Valravn and Njord that Chacal's waving tail stopped, and her expression faltered. Her ears fell back against her head, and she felt not only disappointed but hurt that she was being excluded from the race. The participants had been determined by rank- something she felt, in secret, that she was lacking at least in part because of her inability to communicate. It shouldn't have wounded her so personally, but it did. It seemed that she might be able to participate, but only if one of the three males chose to opt out. She didn't want a pity spot. She also didn't want to be included simply because one of the chosen wolves decided not to participate. She felt it was unfair, and the injustice tasted sour to her. 

Njord sounded very excited, and boasted about his swimming abilities- and she couldn't help but feel the intense burn of jealousy. She seethed as she glanced at him, but quickly averted her gaze, not wanting to direct her ire at him simply because he was excited about being chosen to participate over her. 

So she sat down, pouting, and leaned lightly against Valravn's side. She wanted to slink off and mope on her own- if she couldn't take part, then she didn't even want to watch- but she remained, out of dutiful respect for her mothers, and the knowledge that she ought to conduct herself in a mature way even if she was sorely disappointed.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 03, 2021, 12:10 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 03, 2021, 09:10 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 03, 2021, 01:35 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Kaskae - February 04, 2021, 03:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 05, 2021, 10:44 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 05, 2021, 11:55 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 13, 2021, 12:14 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 14, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 15, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 15, 2021, 04:36 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 15, 2021, 05:05 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 17, 2021, 09:40 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 20, 2021, 12:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 12:17 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 23, 2021, 10:02 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Kaskae - February 23, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 25, 2021, 07:25 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 25, 2021, 12:17 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 25, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 26, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 28, 2021, 03:32 PM