Noctisardor Bypass the place from where i fell
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 

After her return from Larksong Grotto, a great many things weighed heavily on Laurel's shoulders. She thought of Indra more. Now that she was settled somewhat in Rivenwood, she had more time to consider her feelings, and it was like a rush of a river that came flooding back to her all at once. A dam was opened, and it seemed impossible to close it off again and simply go back to survival.

Oh, Indy, she thought to herself as she sat by the side of the Birdsong Lagoon, as she had so named the lake in the Bypass with Mahler. No birds were there now, and she stared into the water. All she saw was the ugly mirroring of her own face, distorted. So often had she sat this way by the side of the water in the Grotto, thinking that something was wrong with her because her father did not love her like he loved Tapat and Astik. So many times had she hit the water and screamed at herself for being so ugly.

Now no such fiery anger was left; that fire was quenched by Iliksis. Don't worry, dearest, you may be ugly, but you are beautiful in your own way. The way he said it made a shiver run down her spine. Laurel stared into the water, at her distorted face, and she wondered what others saw when they looked at her. Did they see a frightened, wounded bird? Did she play her part well enough? Or did they just see an ugly shell of a wolf, once beautiful, now like a bird with her wings ripped from her?

Laurel's body shook gently upon contained sobs as she looked into the water and thought of Indy. She wanted her back so badly. She needed her back. Merrick had made sure that would never happen, and now, rather than thinking of her reincarnation, Laurel thought of all the things she could do to make him suffer.
Messages In This Thread
the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 09, 2021, 02:26 AM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Thade - April 11, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 14, 2021, 02:27 AM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Thade - April 20, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: the place from where i fell - by Laurel - April 23, 2021, 02:21 AM