Dragoncrest Cliffs come now, luxuriant graces,
at a month old, his sons are much more active — and therefore much harder to contain than they had been as tiny shriveled newborns. their eyes have opened, their sense of curiosity has begun to sprout, and some days zephyr thinks he might have preferred them as furry little raisins. most of the time, though, he finds parenthood isn't as terrible a fit as he'd feared.
maybe he isn't as broken as he thought. or maybe this new golden love swelling within him is enough to fill in all the cracks and holes in his psyche. or... maybe this won't last, and soon he'll find that it's every bit as terrifying and clumsy as he'd imagined during his pregnancy.
for now, he's content to enjoy things as they are. hyacinth lurks outside the den, as usual, while zephyr tries to tame the beasts within. @Dionysus seems determined to hunt down and maul his tail, and hermes is just as determined to do the same to dionysus — and it's fun only until their sharp little teeth find his flesh, and then it's not very fun at all. but it seems parenthood has brought with it all the patience he's lacked throughout his life, because he has endless tolerance for his sons. so far.
erzulie's approach is a welcome one, as is the gift she brings. he offers a tired smile, finding even more warmth for the woman than he'd expected. good morning, he returns, casting a glance to hyacinth and wondering briefly how he'll cope with erzulie's presence. he's touchy when it comes to the children... but zephyr likes that about him. a father should be protective, after all. his attention returns to erzulie swiftly. thank you. my sons are doing well, i think... i guess i don't know what kids are supposed to be like, but they seem healthy and — ow! he yanks his tail away from dionysus, only for the boy to go pouncing after it once again like a kitten with the zoomies, with hermes hot on his heels. happy. and bitey. but, uh — i appreciate what you've done for us.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
come now, luxuriant graces, - by Erzulie - September 10, 2021, 09:40 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Zephyr - September 10, 2021, 09:56 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Sobo - September 10, 2021, 10:09 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Hyacinth - September 10, 2021, 11:17 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Hermes - September 10, 2021, 11:43 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Erzulie - September 14, 2021, 02:47 PM
RE: come now, luxuriant graces, - by Sobo - October 21, 2021, 04:00 PM