Redsand Canyon Within my bones this resonates [3]
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
675 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was being followed. It appeared that he was untrusted within the canyon, set to be tested in some way, and Sivugat meant to prove his worth and earn some freedom; but he did not immediately turn upon Nyra as she made herself known, letting her follow after him, setting the pace of their conversation. It seemed she enjoyed the sullen boy's company - perhaps she liked to watch him plot, as that's all he had the wherewithal to do, these days.

The way she spoke of her village was a lot like Kukutux' own, and deeply bothered Sivugat. He hated hearing about this family, about this ridiculous concept of loyalty; as if one was safe here if only they swore not to take advantage of others. The world did not work that way. If there was opportunity for advancement or survival, one took it. That was the hard lesson Sivagut had learned in Ursus. Family meant nothing, fealty meant nothing, only one's will and the exacting of that will on others, got you anywhere.

But he would listen. He would watch for those loyal to Nyra, because Sivugat knew the rules of the world well: they would come for him, in so far as Nyra herself admitted, to test his abilities.

Perhaps she would be the first.

This in mind, Sivugat turned towards her, squaring off, tucking his chin down enough to protect his throat; everything about him shifting in to a battle-ready stance, as he had seen Avicus and Aventus before, or Shikoba as she had come to tear off his ear; he thought of the bear of Ursus and imagined what it would be like to assume their shape, and soon he was hunched defensively in the manner of a black bear.
Messages In This Thread
Within my bones this resonates [3] - by Glaukos - October 04, 2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by RIP Fury - October 06, 2021, 03:57 AM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by Glaukos - October 08, 2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by RIP Fury - October 09, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by Glaukos - October 10, 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by RIP Fury - October 10, 2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by Glaukos - October 11, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Within my bones this resonates [3] - by RIP Fury - October 11, 2021, 03:52 PM