Dragoncrest Cliffs One still on the vine
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Bits and pieces too small to carry or use properly, that might be scuttled away by the wind, were all she found for a little while. For a shell to survive the pounding waves in its entirety would of course be a fluke- but she still hoped perhaps that the sea might spare one or two. 

She glanced up when she saw a dune shift, only to realize it was a wolf. Beige she wore on her sides and flanks, soft like sand- but tempered in were hints of cinnamon and red, freckles on her cheeks that Chacal recognized as having once belonged to a wolf called Merlin. She paused in her searching as the young wolf approached, and found herself delighted to see the bewitching seafoam green gaze her eyes had chosen. 

One of her younger sisters, no doubt- timid, but curious. When questioned, Chacal's tail waved. Her lips pursed for a moment as she urged her voice to cooperate. She had to pause for a moment to think of a melody before she spoke- and once she found one, the words trailed along it like trembling ivy leaves. 

"I search for abalone-
de shell of many colour.
You are welcome, join me."

She searched in her memory for the tune she often used as an introduction, and after a pause, she continued. 

"I am...Your sister. Chacal." 

She tilted her head then, hoping she might use this as an opportunity to get to know her sister better.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
One still on the vine - by Chacal - November 29, 2021, 11:46 AM
RE: One still on the vine - by Coraline - November 29, 2021, 12:32 PM
RE: One still on the vine - by Chacal - November 29, 2021, 12:51 PM
RE: One still on the vine - by Coraline - January 04, 2022, 02:21 AM
RE: One still on the vine - by Chacal - January 04, 2022, 01:03 PM
RE: One still on the vine - by Coraline - March 30, 2022, 01:15 PM
RE: One still on the vine - by Chacal - March 30, 2022, 10:08 PM