Dragoncrest Cliffs I hope you find your peace, falling on your knees, praying.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Chacal had taken the rear watch, to make sure no others had followed them to Sapphique. It seemed best for her to tail them, as any ill-spirited shadow would soon realize that her scent was also prevalent around the borders, and now that Val and Indra had acceptance through Chacal, the borders should fend anyone else off. 

When she caught up, her Mother already greeted them. She was surprised, though, not to see Rosalyn show more relief or even surprise. Slowly, dread filled her chest. Today was not a good day for memory, she thought. Occasionally it was a question repeated a couple times but this…She couldn’t see signs of recognition on her mother’s features.

Then again, Valravn had grown up, been away a while. She scooted forward to Valravn’s side, knowing that Indra might feel pinned and uncomfortable between them. 

”Mama!” She greeted cheerfully. She felt dread settle in alongside her heart, as she saw the way Rosalyn eyed Valravn like a stranger. ”It is my bro’der, Valravn! He has returned, an’ wit’ ‘is young friend, Indra,” She said. ”Dey have been t’rough a hard, hard winter. Dey come to live, safe, wit’ us.” She explained.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I hope you find your peace, falling on your knees, praying. - by Chacal - April 14, 2022, 10:53 AM