Redtail Rise Battle of the Gods
Pledged
Dragonspine
863 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
This is the post I should read at the upcoming slam. LOL.

She saw approval on her mother’s face. Her aurulent eyes shifted back to the badger as he finished kicking soil over his droppings and turned. Sniffing the air, he lumbered toward the woods surrounding his den. Masquerade’s teeth clenched around the stick, waiting for the perfect moment before whipping her head and flinging it. It sailed into the undergrowth growing along the fringes of the set.

The badger started at the noise, halting and staring shrewdly into the hedge. Avicus prowled up behind his motionless figure, closing between the badger and the entrance to his den. By the time he sensed the danger lurking at his rear and began to turn, she had not just cut off his escape route but ambushed him, snapping at his right hind leg.

Masquerade watched this unfold, braced to attack. The instant the Wealda’s jaws closed on the badger’s limb, she sprang forward. Just as she’d anticipated, he was a force to be reckoned with, writhing rapidly despite his heft. He struck out with both tooth and claw, though before he could land a blow against Avicus, a snarling Masque latched on to the tendon between his neck and shoulder.

The young she-wolf sank her teeth in with all the force she could muster and began rapidly shaking her head. The badger was heavy and, furthermore, pinned in place by her mother. Although this meant Masquerade couldn’t wring him like a rag doll, her fangs sank and slashed all the deeper, seeking to tear out the side of the badger’s throat.

A flailing leg bristling with fearsome claws slashed at her chest, raking through hoary fur and breaking skin. Masque refused to relent. She ignored the burning sting and deepened her bite while pivoting clear of the swinging limb. Her canines sawed and mauled, blood spouting and flesh ripping until badger and wolf alike were soaked in hot, gushing ichor.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 01, 2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 03, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 05, 2023, 02:18 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:00 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:21 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:36 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:43 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:50 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:57 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 09:03 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 09:15 PM