Ankyra Sound I'm Mr. Lonely
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Joining 
Maude didn't know how to react when she returned to the ship and found Ferahgo missing. She scoured the ship thoroughly, breathing in every particle of sand in search for a fresh waft of scent from him or one of the last remaining crew mates. As she circled the ship once, twice, she began to hyperventilate. Soon the ragged seawolf found herself on the shore of the mainland, whimpering as she travelled in an indiscriminate direction, searching for him.

Ferahgo, darlin', where are ye? She whined, following what she thought was a trace of his scent. Ferahgo... She cried. The seawolf's sadness began to turn as she considered something that she had at first pushed to the fringes of her mind. Abandoned her...of course he did, he didn't even remember her! (But it had been a while of course he didn't remember at first!) He couldn't even keep a proper crew! (There were no good wolves here it wasn't his fault!) Ferahgo, ye gutless bastard! Maude choked, finally plopping down in the sand, trying to wrap her brain around the situation. What would she do now? She couldn't go back to Tortuga could she? Not after what she did before following Ferahgo's tracks. She might, but she didn't want to risk it. Not now...let it cool off... She didn't know where Ferahgo went — had no trace of his presence. In a sense the young wench was stranded here in these unfamiliar Wilds. Stranded without a crew...not a good side for a pirate or a wolf.

Maude found it lucky then to have wandered to the edge of this unfamiliar territory. It smelled familiar yet unknown, but strong all the while. She knew little of these "packs", but they had one thing in common to her: they liked to live near the sea. Maude tipped her head back and howled, the sound wretched and ragged just like her. She could give this a try.
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas had been on hyper vigilance ever since lusca's errant departure -- it enraged her to learn of her insubordinate actions, and coupled with vlad's loss, the she-wolf was in a foul mood. and so, she had dedicated a large portion of her time pacing the borders, and as a result, looked dissolute and haggard as ever.

when the howl came forth it was attended to promptly -- without circumstance the waif trotted out down the cliff, her prowling gait riddled with resolution. what graced her sight was not what she expected -- the wolf looked just as worn and ragged as she, if not more. a cursory glance led caiaphas to believe some sort of strangeness simmered behind those golden eyes, and with a leveled stare the she-wolf silently seemed to ask 'what'?
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Her howl was swiftly answered; Maude was impressed by the reaction time, but truly unimpressed by the woman who answered. If she was born in Tortuga or made her way into the pirate cove, she could have easily been a sea witch or seeress; her lanky form and haggard looks adding to the effect of mysticism those wolves were supposed to have, but the coyote blood of the woman made the sea wench indignant. Hybrids were even lower than cabin boys girls like her: they were slaves. Had they been on neutral territory Maude would entertain herself with such a creature, but the ragged girl was in a compromising position: stranded in foreign lands. She needed allies.

Ahoy lass! She greeted, flashing the black-headed woman a toothy smile. Name's Maude. I's came t' join yer crew...nay pack, is it? Pack. She attempted some kind of semblance of pleasantries, but the combined stats of being a pirate and being half-mad most of the time killed her efforts.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas suspected she caught the tail end of disappointment in maude's gaze, but could not be certain. she lifted her muzzle, her expression cold as she jutted her chin out in haughtiness. the strange seemed subservient enough, though the wolf's strange vernacular caused caiaphas to think distantly of the captain blackbeard. "crew." she repeated back -- it was not a bad name for her band of stragglers. "what use could you serve those of saltwinter?"
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
What use could she serve? Maude was unfamiliar with the idea of trades; in Tortuga she did whatever she could to gain the favor love of those she served from killing to hunting to...other things. Sure, there were wolves back in Tortuga that were good at fishing or hunting, or at brawling, or scouting, some were good with herbs, but the idea of committing to only one or two tasks escaped her. She was not sure what these north-coast wolves would look for in a wolf besides loyalty and the ability to follow orders. I'm good at fishin', I's suppose. Being a coastal crew they would need all the fishers they could find. Fighting too, if'n ye needs it. But I'll do anyfin' I'm asked t'do~! She added with a wry smile and the flick of her tail.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the wolf was quick to supply an answer -- one that sated caiaphas' requirements for joining: be somehow useful to her. later, she might ask if maude was capable of guarding lusca and keeping her crippled both in mind and spirit -- but for now, it was likely best not to spill ankyra's darkest secrets to a stranger. with a flick of her yellow gaze she readied herself to move. anything she was asked to do -- this was not overlooked by the siren queen.

"i'll show you the grotto then." the coywolf spoke, pivoting back on her narrow limbs towards the sound's hidden enclave. the grotto was a great and cavernous labyrinth -- dark and depressing to some -- but caiaphas had the strange notion maude would find herself in like company with those of the strand. "i'm caiaphas, by the way. saltwinter's alpha." with the belated introduction out of the way she would motion for maude to follow her.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude flashed a triumphant smile. It was that easy then? The pack wolves she had met had always acted like it was some exclusive, private club that only the best of the best could enter, guarding their lands jealously. But this coywolf accepted her swiftly, pleased by her answer. While Maude was not in favor of serving a coywolf desperate times came for desperate measures, a creed she knew far too well. The blackheaded woman introduced herself as Caiaphas, a strange name that Maude would not even try to pronounce in its entirety...Caia? Fussy? For now the ragged female was content with just calling the alpha Cap'n.

Maude followed her new Captain through the dark tunnel into the cavern below... She was no stranger to dark tunnels and caverns by the sea for she inhabited a few during her time in Tortuga. The wench merely felt her eyes adjust as they slipped into darkness, the glowing flickers of yellow light beaming in anticipation as they wound through the crevices.

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
last for me feel free to PP phas for a conclusion

the wolf followed her without comment -- had caiaphas known maude's inner dialogue and distaste for half-breeds, perhaps she would not have welcomed the thing so swiftly into her coven. luckily for maude, shrewd as she was, the sylph was no mind-reader -- and she set to showing maude the glorious inner chambers of the grotto. if the wolf followed for long enough, caiaphas would show her the various and sundry sects that marked the grotto's realm - from ceremonial chamber to the further reaches of the tunnels that spanned many miles into the hinterlands. and at length, she would show maude the communal area and retreat to her own chambers.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude was impressed by the hideout this crew had for themselves. She followed the coywolf through the winding tunnels, miles and miles upon end. It was more expansive then those of Tortuga, though lacking in larger caves as Tortuga had. She noted the ceremonial chamber and the communal area, absentmindedly wondering what ceremonies would be held in the former, but keeping the questions to herself. The blackheaded Cap'n retired to her chambers, the location of which Maude committed to memory before she slipped off to explore for herself, pleased that she had found a place for herself in unfamiliar territory, far from him.