Stone Circle You requested a walk
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled softly when Greyback started to explain how he got his scar on the bridge of his nose. She didn't mean it in a bad way. But she knew from herself when she was a yearling you should take on any game. Also with her own children, they could get into trouble for being silly. It seemed that even Greyback had not always been reserved and levelheaded as he was now. "I had that exact yearling period as well," she hummed. She didn't think any less of the scar, sure she thought his aversion to fighting came from that injury but it seemed she had assumed wrong. "I just got out of it without any scars," Valette smiled. She never really had been severely injured. Probably because she had enough emotional damage to deal with.

Valette thought about his question for a moment. "Hmm," she hummed softly. "I like that it is flat," was her first thought. "At least, flatter than a mountain in which I lived before Easthollow. All jokes aside though. I like that it is close to my birthplace. I've been born in this region, it reminds me of my childhood with my mother and sisters. Even though there are a lot of bad memories as well, there are a lot of memories for me good and bad. When thinking of bad memories I can relate to them now as an adult and maybe feel differently about those memories. Which also reminds me how much I've grown. From the good memories, it is easy, they make you happy," she explained and then smiled. It was in these lands that she lost her father, that she grew distant from her brother. But in these lands, she also reconnected with that same brother to think of one example. "It is home for me."

She paused for a moment, looking around her, and then back over her shoulder to the stones. "The stones make it even more special to me. They give me comfort and guidance more than I thought they would since when I first saw them. Then I just thought they were pretty. Now, they mean so much more which is somewhat silly because the reason they mean so much is because they came from sad memories," she realized now speaking out loud. It was what she meant by saying that the memories of these lands made her want to live here. It all came back to Steady's words that made her world turn. "The only ones we lose are loved ones. Because they matter to us, it hurts every time it happens. We don't hurt over the loss of a stranger, but they die every day. We just don't know about it." It took the bitterness out of her.

Valette glanced at Greyback. He had asked her such a simple question which could have been answered with a simple answer. But she felt that Greyback deserved more than just the simple answer. He was allowed to know the complicated one. Sometimes she felt silly thinking that the stones helped her, it was the reason why she was there so much of her time, but now she looked back at her answer to Greyback she realized that it wasn't silly at all. She also had another question for Greyback, but it might be too personal. "I've got another question, but it might be a bit more personal. Can I ask it?"
Messages In This Thread
You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 22, 2018, 07:16 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 22, 2018, 10:33 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 22, 2018, 11:16 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 22, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 23, 2018, 03:03 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 26, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 26, 2018, 08:20 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 28, 2018, 06:21 PM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 29, 2018, 09:31 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 29, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 30, 2018, 03:46 PM