Stone Circle another day, another question
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
@Valette — looking for a quick response if at all possible. If others besides Valette join, they will be skipped in post order to get the thread done faster. Grezig is here at the borders to enquire about Illidan’s family. She doesn’t know that they passed by Easthollow, she’s going pack-to-pack asking about them.

Grezig’s remembrance of Easthollow was so vague that it felt dreamlike. She only barely remembered learning about a pack that existed here. But it wouldn’t have mattered if she hadn’t remembered anyways. The scent of wolves led her to the borders regardless of the memory. The creek pack’s alpha had been only somewhat helpful—enough for her to know that neither Illidan nor his family had passed by the creek. Disappointing, but Grezig didn’t give up easily. She wouldn’t return to the Plateau with her tail between her legs after asking only one pack. There were many more to go. Still, it was getting colder every day and night and if winter came without finding any trace of them, she would have to return to her pack and await spring for another chance at finding them.

No matter. For now, she tilted her head back and called for the leaders of Easthollow, wondering if they would have more information for her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard the howl vaguely as she was on the other side of the territory. The female did try to make some haste towards the caller. It could be a new joiner, but she hoped that it was someone from Morningside to let them know how things were going. As she arrived, the female noted that she didn't know the wolf that called at their borders. The dark-colored female greeted the other with a chuff before stopping before her.

"Hello. I'm Valette. I lead Easthollow," she introduced. She had the idea her stature had been enough but she liked the other to know anyhow. Valette looked curiously over her, she scented like she was in a pack.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig dipped her head in respectful greeting to the alpha female that appeared. It had taken some time to get a response, but not too long. “Greetings,” she said. “I am Grezig, beta of the Blacktail Deer Plateau pack to the west of here.” She wasted no time in getting to the point, hoping to get some better information than what the creek pack had given her. “We’re caring for a pup named Illidan, some six or seven months old now. My alphas found him wandering alone when he was younger and took him in. I promised the boy I’d help find his family so that’s what I’m doing.” She took a breath. “Illidan has a dark face and white body. He is a coywolf. He was traveling with his dam and sire and his siblings. I do not know all of their names. He does not like to talk about his family much. He has a brother named Ephraim, sandy-colored. They might have come by some months ago, but I’m not really sure. I do not know exactly when Illidan became separated from them.”

She paused, trying to think of anything else to say. “This is important to me,” she added, her voice serious. “The boy is… the boy means a lot to me. If you could try and think back, think of a group of wolves traveling together…?” Her eyes found Valette’s for a moment, and then she looked away, giving the alpha time to think.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was greeted by the female who instantly got to the point. The alpha female was surprised to hear that there was a pack at Blacktail Deer Plateau. Wasn't that the territory of Morningside before they moved to the plains? Oh well, it seemed there was a new pack now. The female spoke of a youngster that she was looking for. Valette didn't know that name or someone with that description. It was probably seen on her face. "Welcome Grezig," she greeted after listening to her.

"I'm sorry but I don't know anyone with that name or can't really remember someone with that description," she spoke to her and look at bit upset about it. Valette sighed when the other said it was important to her. She tried to think of a group that passed by. There had been one group. "There was one group but I don't know if it was them? It was a long time ago. I only remember that they were a big group and we didn't have the room." She kind of blocked that out, as she didn't want to feel the guilt of sending away a mother with pups.

"It was too long ago so I can't remember what they looked like to be honest. The mother had a dark face I think?" Valette wished she could be of more help. "I hope that helps?," she offered kindly.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry for this crappy post lol.

Grezig sighed dejectedly. So this woman couldn’t really help her either. Damn. And now she’d been gone a few weeks and needed to get back to the Plateau before winter set in. Looks like she’d have to continue the search in the spring… If she didn’t have babies, that is. Not that she thought she would because there was no one to give her any. Fuck. Why was this happening to her? Grezig sucked in a breath through her nose and bowed her head at Valette. “Thank you, anyways,” she said. “Before I leave, do you know of any other packs in the Wilds? Packs to north or south would be more helpful. In the spring, I’d like to resume my search, but I don’t know where to go from here.”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Not crappy at all!!

Valette dipped her head once more. "I do try to help when I can," she returned to the female. Valette was always willing to try and help others. But she could not always help as she liked. "Bearclaw Valley is south of here. My brother leads that pack but isn't that social. I haven't heard him taking in a big group. North of here is Lost Creek Hollow. But they recently moved there, they were Sunspire before," she started to explain. "You can try there. Then there is Morningside. They didn't adopt any wolves I know about, they are recovering from a fire," Valette spoke. "That is what I know of our allies. To my knowledge, there aren't any other packs in this valley." Valette looked at the female. "Well, perhaps try the south?" she suggested.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Bearclaw Valley. Grezig could not remember ever hearing the name before, but she did remember it. She’d tried to join once, at the very beginning of her entering the Wilds. The Alpha there had taken so long to reach her that she’d left. Or perhaps he’d simply ignored her request. Something like that. Well. At least she’d joined the Plateau instead, and now she was its Beta. She could be proud of the rank, even if she was not proud of falling in love with one of its (married) Alphas.

The news about Sunspire piqued her interest. Well, if they were all the way down here now, at least they’d be out of the Plateau’s fur. Not that they’d really been in the way since Liri and Kavik’s group had decided to take over the Plateau instead of the Vale. No matter. Having them even farther away only made Grezig happier, even if her reasons for such happiness were petty and a bit stupid.

Grezig had not heard of Morningside and therefore had no opinion about them or their recovery from a fire. Though she did decide not to go and bother them right now. If they were recovering from a fire than their own needs were greater than hers. 

Valette suggested going south and Grezig nodded. “Thank you, I will.” She stood to leave and then paused. “Perhaps… perhaps I could offer you an alliance with my pack? I would have to double check with my alphas, but I am the beta. I could at least extend some sort of invitation? If you or they want more information I could always come back later.” She tried to think of anything to tell Valette about the Plateau. “We’re a fairly straightforward pack. Non-religious. Ranks are earned by activity and merit. Trades are encouraged. We don’t do anything weird or crazy, like sacrifices or something.” That was about all she could think of, so she awkwardly shut her mouth and waited. She wasn’t the best ambassador, apparently.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette expected the female to leave, but she stopped and spoke again. Her ears swiveled forward curiously of what she had to say. An alliance. They already had Morningside, Bearclaw, and Lost Creek Hollow. But, did that really matter? If they had a lot of friends, they were safer from others who intend to do harm. The only thing that she would be a bit worried about is that Blacktail Deer Plateau was quite a travel. Then again, Morningside was there before while they had an alliance.

"I would be interested in an alliance," she spoke with a dip of her head. Valette's tail wagged contently behind her, showing her interest. "You can tell your alphas I am interested. However, the alliance might be a bit different than we have with other packs as yours is further away. But, who knows, perhaps we can help each other," she offered. Valette did like that there would be a pack out of the valley that was there to aid them. What if something happened to this region and Bearclaw, and Lost Creek Hollow were also forced out? Valette didn't like to think that darkly but it could be a possibility.

Valette then chuckled. "That is good to hear. We would not like to be associated with that. Same for us. We used to live at Silvertip Mountain, although, I think I am the only one in this pack that actually lived there. It was quite some seasons ago. Two winters I believe." That sounded like a correct timing, as she had two litters after moving here. One each year. "But if your alphas are interested they can come to talk to me." If they were going towards an alliance Valette maybe should offer her a place to rest and perhaps something to eat. "You can rest on our borders if you need to. I will let my pack know. You are also welcome to hunt close to our border." Valette decided that such an offer would be friendly enough.

347/347
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig listened as Valette mused about a possible alliance. In the end, the Easthollow alpha agreed to go along with it and Grezig nodded. “Good. I will let my alphas know about it when I return.” She gave a small smile at the woman’s offer to stay and rest, and to hunt, if she needed to. “Thank you,” she said, dipping her head in respect. “I will rest an hour or two and then be on my way. It takes a few days to get back from here and I’d like to bring them the news as quickly as possible. Plus it is autumn now. I’d not like to be out of the territory in bad weather.” Not really knowing how to properly end their conversation, Grezig stood and bowed her head and then trotted off to someplace nearby to nap for a few hours.

[Exit.]
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head once more when the other spoke of an alliance and discussing it. She was certain she would hear from Grezig's pack once more. Perhaps it would take a while, but Valette was willing to wait. They had three alliances already so if there would be a fourth pack they would be friendly with, it also meant more work for her to stay in contact with them. However, she decided that it was always good to be friendly with packs.

"Take the time you need to rest, I will let my members know you are our guest for a day," she spoke to the female. Valette understandingly nodded her head. 'Understandable. If you run into harsh weather in the mountains feel free to return to us," she offered kindly. She remembered when she was doing more ranger missions that she was not always as lucky to get a safe place to spend the night. It often spent alone and cold. "Take care," Valette wished to the female. She let the female be after that.

-end -