Heron Lake Plateau It’s all business in the left-hand lane
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
WC: 546
Later, Niamh might look back and appreciate how level Colt was being with her- had she tied the knot with someone as abrasive and fiery as she was, the argument would likely have come to blows in a matter of minutes. It was likely no less than what she deserved, as she hadn’t been terribly considerate of Colt’s feelings about his missing sister. She did hope Ceara was found- perhaps moreso for Colt’s sake than for Ceara’s- but at the same time she wanted to be selfish and have him stay with her rather than going out, possibly endangering himself and searching for Ceara. She was only beginning to realize that this made her jealous and was too short-sighted to see that Colt wasn’t choosing Ceara over her...She was fine. He didn’t need to take care of her. Ceara was the one who needed his help, not her. Still, it stung, slightly, that the pack had come to such an unstable point simply because Ceara was gone. 

She didn’t make any remarks on what he aaid at first because he made sense. Raven couldn’t be in two places at once, but Niamh still perceived that he was saying it wasn’t Raven’s job to go searching...And maybe he was right. Maybe someone else should have gone- but Raven had insisted, and Niamh wasn’t going to get in her way.  He then asked why it mattered and that flustered Niamh- as all she had to her own game was emotions, rather than a clear excuse or reason. ”Yeah, she’s gone.” She answered ruefully. She too had liked Caiaphas- she’d been a badass, and she’d played a major part in saving Niamh’s ass from a cougar. She shrugged and struggled to articulate how she felt. Colt was just supposed to understand, wasn’t he? Weren’t mates just supposed to always be on the same side? ”But you can’t just...Shit on someone because they’re doing their job, if their job takes them away from home.” She said. ”She called Raven weak...And she’s not. And then you said that I should step up,” She said, and had a moment of clarity. ”I just...I’d be next, you know that,” She said. ”If Raven ever did step down. Towhee already passed it up, so did Finley and Elwood. I’d be next...And I’m not...I wouldn’t want it.” She admitted. Niamh had never had the aspirations that Ambrose had had, to lead a pack. She’d accepted the role of beta because Towhee had suggested her for the role, and because she wanted to step down. Part of her, of course, had accepted the role simply because if she didn’t, then Ceara would- and she couldn’t stand the idea of being ranked below Ceara....At least, not at that point. ”I dunno. It’s just complicated, Colt. And I don’t want Raven and Quixote to think you and I are gonna undermine ther authority and challenge them next and you kinda made it seem that way. You got kicked out once for that...What if it happens again?” There. Maybe she’d found it- the cause for her concern. The pack had kicked Caiaphas out for insubordination- and no wolf was immune to the same punishment if they committed the same treason.
Messages In This Thread
It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 08, 2018, 07:44 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by Colt RIP - November 08, 2018, 07:58 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 08, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by Colt RIP - November 08, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 08, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by Colt RIP - November 08, 2018, 11:29 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 08, 2018, 11:46 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by Colt RIP - November 10, 2018, 11:15 AM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 10, 2018, 01:16 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by Colt RIP - November 21, 2018, 04:39 PM
RE: It’s all business in the left-hand lane - by RIP Niamh - November 21, 2018, 05:11 PM