Wapun Meadow So you can survive when law is lawless
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 

Taki had tracked the mountains' resident herd of elk into the meadow just east of their claim. She had picked up their scent at the borders and followed into to winter white meadow where the herd was grazing on whatever plant life they could find beneath the snow. The last time Taki had been here, the meadow was full of colorful flowers, and she remembered being here with her family; they had stopped in the meadow to rest on their journey to the glacier. Taki had led her entire family safely across Teekon to their new home, and now she still didn't even know where half of them were. It seemed like a lifetime ago--had been such a different time for her, and the memory squeezed her heart so painfully that she had to close her eyes for a minute and draw in a deep breath. Eyes opening again, her fiery gaze scanned the meadow and took in the herd in the distance. It was strange seeing the meadow so bare, like it was a metaphor for her life; it once was flowering and full of potential growth but now it was just empty. Except that wasn't completely the truth--that was just the grief talking. Her life wasn't empty; she had a pack and the promise of pups in the spring. Taki just wished her family would be there to see the new additions, but instead they wouldn't even know her children existed. 

She released a long, quiet sigh, moving into a sitting position as she continued to watch the herd go about their business. Her mind drifted to many things, but mostly it thought about what her family might be doing right now. She just hoped wherever they were, they were safe and happy.
Inuttuk
Common

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Nose to the ground, Corvus noticed that a packmate's trail — Takiyok, was it? — wound down the mountains and into the meadow below. It was intermingled with the scent of elk, which gave him the impression that she was tracking them. Deciding to make himself useful (and remembering the task he'd been assigned involving her), Corvus followed her scent. When the snow wraith came into view, her back was to him, and she appeared to be watching the elk go by. With a low chuff, he sauntered up to her, moving to be by her side.

Looking for a meal? He inquired with a faint smile, long fangs slipping past his dark lips in a devilish display.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her ears flattened briefly at the intrusion on her solitude, but she otherwise showed no outward emotion as she turned to look at her new packmate. She shrugged a little before returning her citrine gaze back on the grazing herd. She was quiet for a minute, thinking that what she was looking for most was something she apparently couldn't have--her family. I was mostly just studying, she finally answered for lack of any real answer to give him, eyes never moving from the elk. She was not in a particularly good mood (sorry), and she was content to sulk here in silence until she felt more like being back around the pack, but she wouldn't ask him to leave. Instead, she briefly glanced to the tall, scarred man, asking, Are you looking for a meal? shifting her gaze back to the beasts sifting through the snow after she had spoken.
Inuttuk
Common

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
His grin fell a bit when Takiyok answered hollowly — untruthfully. Her eyes were trained on the elk ahead, but Corvus could tell it was not elk she saw. The woman only spared him a glance before flicking her eyes away from him again to return his question. I may as well while I'm here. You can join me, if you'd like, He offered. Corvus refrained from asking what troubled her, for he wasn't the best with emotions, and they were still unfamiliar with each other. Though he couldn't know what Takiyok was thinking, he empathized with the distant, pained feeling he saw in her eyes. Corvus figured she'd appreciate a distraction — it worked for him, anyway.

Romanian | English
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Since joining with Swiftcurrent Creek, Rue had spent countless hours scouring the surrounding lands for any sign or scent of those who had been lost from Blacktail Deer Plateau. Knowing that Liri or someone else could be out there somewhere, searching for lost packmates, hungry and alone, possibly even injured... it plagued the compassionate girl's mind, allowing her no rest. 

After days-- weeks perhaps?-- of searching in vain, she had caught the scent of Corvus. Rue pursued the scent across the meadow, eager to see that Corvus was safe and to bring him news of his former packmates. Perhaps he would even wish to join them at Swiftcurrent Creek. Rue had been so joyful upon discovering the scent that she was quite a bit nearer to Corvus by the time she noticed an oddity about it.

His scent was intertwined with the unmistakable scent of Stigmata... as if Corvus were part of Stigmata's pack. Intrigued, Ruenna pressed forward. When Rue came upon Corvus, he was already speaking with another wolf. Another wolf that Rue knew.

What in the world was Takiyok doing here, and also smelling like Stigmata's wolf? Why did she no longer live with Ikkanattuk? "Corvus... Takiyok..?" Rue called out to capture the attention of the pair as she neared. "You're Stigmata's wolves now?" Rue shook her head incredulously. "I.. I have so many questions!" No matter what had occurred, Rue was mostly just glad to see Corvus safe. She was glad to see both of them safe, if a fate similar to the Plateau's had befallen Ikkanattuk. 

Edited my original a bit to reflect more vagueness around events with Corvus the BDP disband.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki searched the herd, considering his offer. She would indeed enjoy a distraction, but could just the two of them take down one of the beasts? The open meadow certainly wasn't tipping the odds in their favor, but the snow gave them a definite advantage. Where their large paws offered them the ability to move through the snow with relative ease, the elk were not quite so lucky; they were apt to get bogged down by the snow, especially if the wandered into a particularly deep accumulation of snow. Her keen gaze searched the herd for weakness--something that might increase their chance of success should they decide to hunt as a duo.

She turned back to Corvus, opening her mouth to seek his opinion on the subject, but she was interrupted by the arrival of another. Her head whipped in the direction of the intruder, anger flashing across her face before she realized who the wolf was. Ruenna from Blacktail Deer Plateau, or so she once was--she still smelled similar, but there was something different about it. She was not quite as excited about Ruenna's questions as the other woman seemed to be, but she did not voice her displeasure. Instead, she dipped her head in greeting and waited for the questions about her home she had grown to despise.
Inuttuk
Common

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He'd been awaiting her answer but didn't quite get to receive it. Instead of Takiyok's voice he heard, it was that of another woman — a familiar woman. At the sound of his name, his ears pricked, and Corvus swiveled his head with furrowed brows to find... Ruenna. What were the chances of him running into her again? She appeared to be familiar with Takiyok as well, for she knew her name. Actually, she was also familiar with Stigmata, for she recognized the man's scent on them. His own mind was whirling with questions, but he bit them back for the time being. The world must've been a very small place.

We are, He confirmed with a nod. And you're of that pack up the creek now, I see. It's good to know you're alright.

Romanian | English
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Yes," Rue confirmed with a nod, "Kavik and Myrren and I are with Swiftcurrent Creek." Her expression clouded slightly. "We.. we are still looking for Liri." The words were a painful reminder of the friend-- and indeed, the home-- Rue had lost. She flicked her gaze to Takiyok. This woman too, had lost a home... and the more Rue thought about it, the more she realized that she really didn't need to know the details. If Takiyok was like Rue, she was sick of recounting her losses. 

"Actually..." Rue shook her head, brow slightly furrowed. "I don't have as many questions as I thought I did." The champagne lady swept her gaze out across their surroundings, and her amber eyes came to rest upon the elk herd. "Three hunters make for favorable odds," she pointed out, offering her assistance if the other two wished to bring down a meal. Honestly, she was hungry-- she had been reluctant to take from the Creek's caches, being so new to the pack. "For old times' sake?" she asked, amusement flickering in her expression as her gaze landed once more upon Corvus.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki nodded, a look of understanding shadowing her normally fairly stoic face. I am sorry. I'll keep an eye out for her. She too was missing family members. She knew the constant pain and frustration that went with not knowing the fate of loved ones. 

She was thankful that Ruenna didn't probe her for an explanation on why she was here instead of being at the glacier. She watched the silver woman glance to the elk herd before offering her assistance to hep bring one down. Taki followed her gaze, scanning the herd for weakness once more. I was actually just about to ask Corvus if he noticed anything that could give us an advantage, she said, moving her gaze from the elk to rest on her new packmate's face.
Inuttuk
Common

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Thank you," Ruenna answerd Takiyok with a nod. The Diaspora female seemed to be a woman of few words, but something about her expression communicated empathy for Rue's circumstances. No doubt the former alpha had a few faces she was missing as well, though she did not offer any names to Rue in return. Perhaps Takiyok was one of those wolves who liked to just focus on moving forward.  

A smile twitched at the corner of Rue's muzzle as Takiyok's words confirmed her interest in Rue's suggestion. Hunting side-by-side would go a long way toward building favorable relations between their respective packs. With another nod, Rue looked to Corvus for his answer, interested to hear what the perceptive man may have noticed about the herd they targetted. She would follow the lead of the Diaspora wolves, content to represent Swiftcurrent Creek as an eager collaborator. 

I'm thinking we fade here since Corvus is inactive? Feel free to archive if you like!
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sounds good

Taki nodded, eyes moving to observe the herd once more. It seemed the former plateau wolf was up for hunt, something Taki was glad to see, especially since more wolves were always better when hunting formidable prey. She got to her feet then and with a glance towards Corvus and then to Ruenna, she trotted towards the elk, assuming they would both be not far behind her. The promise of a hunt lightened her spirits a little, and she tried to keep a hold of the rise in mood as she stalked the beasts, looking for a good target. Hopefully, there would be many more successful hunts in Diaspora's future.
Inuttuk
Common