Stone Circle These aren't my people
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
@Ira ?
Dating after saving & taking Aurë to Diaspora ❤

By now, his absence from Easthollow must be noticeable. Chance and tragedy brought he and Valette together early, yet prior it has been days—maybe weeks—since the bear has shown his face within the pack's borders. He feels guilty, for not having told anyone. His adventure, however, hadn't exactly been planned.

And now he holds responsibility over a camp; of wolves he now wants to start a new beginning with.

The bear arrives at Easthollow, worn from the long journey here, and caked in blood down his massive shoulders. Not his, but Aurë's. Despite doing the best they could to cease the bleeding, it still trickled down him as he carried her to Diaspora. It's been a long last few days. All he wants now is to collapse in a heap and rest his sore limbs.

Alas, he knows that isn't quite possible yet. With a deep breath, the bear lifts his head and calls for the one person who really ties him here... who makes him hesitate when it comes to moving on. Ira.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira paced the borders slowly compared to her usual trot. Between her travels to Moonspear and helping her father care for her new siblings, she would actually admit she felt tired. Tired or not though someone had to make sure the borders were safe. It was so routine, almost as if she had fallen on a preplanned course that she could travel while on autopilot. And that's exactly what she did, at least until she heard a howl.

The roan woman paused in disbelief as she recognized the voice. She would have chalked it up to hearing things, but she had to be sure. With new life in her step, Ira would hurry to the source, a smile gracing her lips as Evergreen came into sight. He had come back! But...covered in blood?

She slowed her trot as she approached, smile faltering as she did a quick scan for a wound that would leave his pelt crusted the way it was. You returned... what happened to you? The question could easily be applied to his blood-soaked pelt, but her question dove deeper than the surface. She wanted to know where he had been. I was starting to think you had left for good. This time the words were barely a whisper on her lips as she circled the male double checking her eyes had not deceived her of any important wounds.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It feels weird to be back, in a way. He stands on the borders, feeling akin to an outsider when this used to be… where he wanted to regard as home. Perhaps it is because outside of Ira and Sindri, Evergreen never grew close to the other members of Easthollow. He swallows down nervously, uncertain what to expect.

Maybe he’ll be turned away, maybe Ira will be upset with him. She should be, if he’s honest. His ears flatten thinking of how he promised not to hurt her to Greyback, and yet, he could very well be… about to do that.

He does not have long to wonder, for she arrives swiftly—ever dutiful. Round ears return to flickering towards the roan warrior as she approaches. The smile she wears makes a sheepish one curl on his own lips, and yet, both seem to disappear all too quickly.

“I… It’s a long story,” he says, averting his mismatched green eyes momentarily. “I’m sorry for disappearing without word. It wasn’t… intended, and I wouldn’t leave for good without telling you first.” A promise, in a way, because he knows he owes Ira at least a goodbye.

“I, uhm, just took to wandering for a bit, and ended up finding a few wolves who needed help. On my way back here, a woman was attacked… and… Oh! I’m uhm, okay. She’s okay too!” He rambles, unable to stay on-subject. His heart pounds, and his stomach feels weird—nerves.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Evergreen was quick to assure her he was fine, but she refused to back away until she was thoroughly sure herself. Needless to say, she was pleased that he did indeed seem to be fine. Ira briefly brushed by him as she turned to face the bear once more. Well, that's reassuring, but you're back and that's all that really matters now I suppose. Why don't you tell me about these travels of yours while we get that blood out of your fur?

The roan woman turned with full intent to lead Evergreen back towards the heart of Easthollow, unaware of his true intentions for his return. Perhaps she could introduce him to her new siblings too if they were awake and Valette was willing. A lot really had happened since the bear disappeared. 
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He barely suppresses the urge to shiver the moment Ira brushes against him. Guilt starts to wear on him, and he does not know how… he’s supposed to tell her. During his travel here, he thought about it—came up with various ideas, but when he’s before her, his mind simply blanks.

“I…” He starts, fading off, but while the roan warrior moves to step further into Easthollow’s grasps, Evergreen stands firm. “Ira, there’s something I have to tell you.” If only it could be just his adventures, and the long-winded story of how he came to his decision. Perhaps that would have been a better idea, in hindsight, to do, but Evergreen needs to get the weight off his shoulders… he needs to be honest and tell her now before his heart implodes.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Noticing the lack of footsteps to follow and hesitation in Evergreen's voice, Ira slowed her pace as she looked back only to stop in her tracks.

"Ira, there’s something I have to tell you."

Why wasn't he following? Deep down a part of her had a feeling she knew why he refused to step past the border. The man before her no longer smelled like Easthollow, instead of his pelt mingled with various scents that could only be others. Perhaps even the wolves he met on his adventure. But, Ira pressed to be an optimist, You can't tell me as we walk?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
A frown pulls on his dark brown muzzle, part of him wants so badly to walk across the borders and back into Easthollow with her. ‘Is this really the right choice?’ It’s selfish of him, undeniably so, that he wants both, but he cannot have them both. He has a responsibility now to his group, and while he once did to Easthollow, too… they don’t need him like his wolves do.

“It’s probably better… if I don’t.” Evergreen shifts his weight nervously, ears flattening to their sides. Guilt wears on his expression, along with a sorrow that couldn’t be mistaken for anything else. “I’m… not gonna stay in Easthollow. I came back to…” “Say goodbye”? That didn’t sound right, because no matter what, he wants Ira to stay in his life. He wants the Easthollow family to remain important.

“Uhm, one after another, we banded together,” he whispers softly. “I can’t leave them. They… look to me like a leader, Ira. And without Thistle here… Easthollow hasn’t… felt the same.”
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Oh... Ears flattened against her skull as the simple word left her mouth, eyes falling to the grass that filled the distance between them. It made sense after all. When Evergreen had disappeared she feared it was due to Thistle's death. After all, everything happened...just past the borders of the pack. Just out of reach for any cry for help to be heard.

She couldn't ask him to return home-- to her home again. The bear has his own plans, his own life to care for, and now that involved his own family. She couldn't ask him to leave that. Ira did her best to fight off the disappointment that filled her, she should have known better after all. This is why she rarely opened up to others.

Regaining her composure, Ira straightened herself as she fully faced Evergreen, These wolves must mean an awful lot to you then. I'm glad you found somewhere to call home. Perhaps I can travel to your new land one day and you can tell me all about it.The roan wolf fought with herself to really believe in her words, but there was some truth to them. She wants to be an ambassador after all, and visiting packs was part of her job. Nevertheless, goodbyes are always hard.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It isn’t home, not the way he felt at peace at the river’s edge. Not the way he found wolf after wolf, seeking a new beginning. Together, they will find it. Evergreen cannot turn his back to them, especially since this is almost everything he’s ever wanted rolled up in one.

One by one, it seems like the walls Ira once built towered over once again. The distance between them gaping, as if there is no longer a hope for that distance to be closed. The soft touches she gave him, the comfort she offered… the fact she saved his life… Evergreen fears it must feel like a slap to her face. His round ears stay cupped, watching as she curled in on herself.

Until finally, she stands before him, composure near perfect.

“They do,” he admits. They mean a lot to him. Their support, their efforts to bring together this pack and life… Evergreen is beyond grateful for each and every one of them. They are helping make his dream come true. “But so do you.” He takes in a deep breath, meeting his green eyes to her golden ones.  “I came here to ask you to lead them with me.” Finally, he says it.

‘Please,’ lingers on the tip of his tongue, but he mustn’t beg. He knows he is asking for a lot; knows that leaving Easthollow and family behind will not be an easy decision Ira could just simply make. Rejection would not be a surprise.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The shock must have been painfully obvious to the male as it quickly spread across her features. She knew nothing of this pack, of these wolves aside from trusting the bear's judgment, yet he wanted her to follow him, to lead with him. How...how could she? For almost a year she had built up a life here within the circling stones of Easthollow, found her father, became a sister to so many more than just the one she left behind so long ago. Made a friend...except now he was leaving. But in the end, she was given an option. She didn't have to lose him. I-- Her gaze turned ever so slightly as she glanced back towards her pack lands.

I can't do that-- is what she wanted to say, but at the same time, something pulled at her. Could she? Could she really leave? Her reasons for joining Easthollow were not as innocent as she originally let on and...as hard as it was to admit or believe how she viewed her father had changed dramatically. Perhaps it was time for her to leave. It suddenly became apparent that she still had not given him a proper answer, I can not answer that right now... I will consider your offer, but there are some things I must address here if I am to follow you.

Perhaps she would have to prepare herself for an even bigger goodbye now, but she had to consider her new siblings and if this new pack life would even fit her. That being said she couldn't express to the bear just how grateful she was for the opportunity. Ira stepped closer and pushed her head to his shoulder lightly, before taking a seat before Evergreen.  You honor me with your offer, but first, I need to know what you mean by lead with you. I know nothing about this new life you have built. 
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His lungs scream.

Urging him desperately to breathe, and Evergreen did not realize he stopped doing so until now. He inhales, shuddering. The shocked expression on Ira's face leaves him dizzy; scared in a way that he truly is asking for the impossible. 'It's worth it,' his mind supplies, and he takes in another breath. Despite the risk, if—by some miracle—she agrees, Evergreen will be over the moon.

He waits, in anxious silence, as the proposal seems to register through her. At this point, he is just happy Ira has not barked out an impulsive answer. It is a decision that cannot be made lightly, he knows thought has to go into it, especially since Easthollow has her family within.

By the time she answers, Evergreen has grown tense. It's a subconscious reaction, one he wishes he could will away, but alas, he gets a response that leaves him relieved. She'll consider it. That's more than he could really ask for. He nods, almost robotically, before a broad grin appears back on his face. Thank goodness she does not seem to hate him. He does not know what he would do if she did.

Thank you, he says, tone airy and full of gratitude. Other words have escaped him, and he just feels giddy. He asked her, she didn't say no. His heart thumps as Ira steps closer, her touch comforting as she presses her head to a broad shoulder. Evergreen leans into it, and moves to brush his cheek gently across her forehead before she moves away and sits next to him.

Ira is so kind; her words eloquent, and she knows the right questions to prompt. Right, that's important to know, he laughs, mentally smacking himself against a tree for not describing it first after all. Uhm, as much as I like Easthollow and the family set up, I feel like... I want structure, a true... purpose and goal in mind. So I want a pack with ranks that people can work towards, he explains, hoping Ira likes the idea. And uh, it'll focus around... new beginnings?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
soRRY FOR THE ESSAY
The warrior relaxed in the embrace, something soothing about the bear's presence washing over her. All thoughts and fears temporarily erased by the brief contact before she pulled away. She had to keep her head clear if she wanted to make the right decision for her.

When Evergreen started his explanation, Ira was already captivated again. She had to agree there was very little structure in Easthollow. That's how Valette liked it, just as if it was a true family by blood. Unfortunately, the roan woman had never taken part in such a lax lifestyle and she could admit finding herself bored with the peace. Was that bad? She was raised to fight and without conflict, she felt as if a part of her was missing or never satisfied.

A structured pack. That's what she wanted. A place where hard work was rewarded with acknowledgment and payoff. Where deeds painted the image of her fellow packmates. Family was never bad to have, but Ira never saw the deeds of her fellow packmates or what they could truly accomplish aside from the time they had a feast after taking down one of the wandering beasts together. In all honesty, she was probably weaker than when she lived in her old pack due to the lack of training and upkeep. She could use the motivation to push herself to an even better version.

Soon she would close her eyes in thought as the bear before her continued. Once he was finished she would nod slowly. I see. I admit that sounds nice and I could see that working for me. I'd like to see this place first though. Not to mention give herself a chance to judge these new members for herself. The last thing she needed was a pack full of Vesperas and Aerashas.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
devours essay happily

"I could see that working for me."

Evergreen tries to contain his glee. An enthusiastic nod follows after, for it makes sense that Ira see the location he picked, and perhaps even meets the wolves around them before making her decision. Of course, he prays that it is a positive experience, and even if the roan warrior does not choose to lead at his side, he wants to maintain a good relationship. Ira would always be welcomed into Kaistleoki whether she wore their banner or not.

Of course, he says, a genuine smile curving across his lips as he sits taller with pride. I'd love to show you.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Evergreen shifted, a smile spreading quickly along his features as he agreed. He looked so happy now, it was hard for her to think of any negatives after seeing the bear depressed for so long. I should probably speak with my father or Valette before leaving. I can't just drop my tasks to see, but soon? I'll await your return. an honest smile matched Eve's as she stood and took a step back.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It makes sense to let the leaders know, something Evergreen admittedly ought to have done before his big adventure, but alas, none of it was planned... this is.

Soon, he promises, and as Ira stood, Eve moved to gently bump his shoulder to hers. Seeing her smile, and how well this conversation went leaves Evergreen feeling as if he was on cloud nine.

With that, he stands and moves to slip away from Easthollow.