Sun Mote Copse [BWP] There's a method to the madness
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Had he just hesitated? Elwood took his time to answer, and he seemed a bit reluctant to answer the question she'd asked, so she had to wonder why it was that he seemed slow to offer a reply. Niamh figured that it should be a lot easier to answer than that. Maybe he had some reservations- which might mean that maybe, he would be willing to think about moving somewhere else. Not that the Copse was a bad place, but Niamh didn't necessarily feel as though it was her home. She had felt strongly about the Plateau before she'd left, and now she felt pulled in another direction. So when Elwood continued to speak, she understood why he'd faltered so much before he'd answered. He knew that there was something bothering her. 

Elwood was really the only wolf in the pack that she felt she could talk to. Not that the two had had many long, involved conversations in the past- but she felt that Wraen was fairly formal, and that talking feelings with Wraen might not be her favourite thing as Wraen tended to play Devil's Advocate, and Niamh always felt that that was sort of a condescending thing to do. She wanted someone to be on her side, no matter what- and she wasn't sure there was anyone in the pack that could do that for her. Finley...She wasn't sure she could talk to Finley, as she wasn't terribly sure Finley wanted to talk about feelings. The one time she had- discussing how terrified she was about giving birth- Finley had tried to more or less verbally snap her out of it, softening only once for a moment, just long enough to let Niamh know that she cared, that she was being serious, and that Niamh would be just fine before she continued to deflect the tension with humour. 

Elwood was different, though. And while Niamh knew he could possibly go back and talk to Finley about whatever Niamh said to him, she didn't particularly care. "I'm not happy here," She said frankly. "I haven't been since Colt died," She admitted, though that much was fairly obvious. Her attitude, the day she'd called the meeting, had been fairly defeated, and she thought that on that day, she had likely expressed a bit of her own growing reservations about staying where they were, with as few adults as they had. She'd wanted to simply go to Asterism Grove- whether the others came with her or not...And in the end, she had gone there, but she hadn't been welcomed with open arms. No- Towhee and Phox both seemed to think that it was best if she stayed away and went back to the Copse, and that had stung quite a bit. 

"Colt's gone, and Nellie ran off...Bronco moved out, and doesn't want much to do with me," She said, outlining what she would confess next. "So I feel like I don't belong. You and Finley have each other and the kids, Wraen has control of the pack, and I'm just the guardian, spending every day patrolling, and it's...It's just not enough. I know you're all family, but..." It was odd, trying to explain that somehow, she felt like she was one year old again- and even though she'd loved the family that had raised her, she'd still felt the need to get away and live a life of her own. "I wanted to go to Asterism Grove when Colt died. Take the kids with me and just go...And I did, just to tell Towhee what'd happened, and she...It was like she didn't want me there." She confesed quietly. "She said I belonged here...She was supposed to tell me to get the kids and move there."
Messages In This Thread
[BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - September 09, 2019, 10:40 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by Elwood - September 15, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - October 02, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by Elwood - October 03, 2019, 09:43 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - October 23, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by Elwood - November 01, 2019, 11:29 AM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - November 04, 2019, 11:12 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by Elwood - November 12, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - November 13, 2019, 01:02 AM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by Elwood - December 08, 2019, 09:15 PM
RE: [BWP] There's a method to the madness - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2019, 10:06 PM