Northstar Vale Forever Waiting for a Sign
All Welcome  November 17, 2019, 01:14 PM
Gracious
Courtfall
Fëafelmë
would love to see another pledged CF member!

Gracious found herself alone at the shore of the lotus spring. The lilly pads were a wonderful green shade with different colors and sizes of flower floating atop of them. The sound of the rain droplets hitting against the leaves provided a sense of serenity. Rain was a good thing, although her last encounter with it was rather terrifying, she couldn't deny that rain held a certain beauty to it. The noises the water droplets made when they hit certain objects, the gentle petrichor scent they left once the clouds stopped their burst. 

Droplets braided themselves into her coat, some nestled ontop of her hairs while others began to soak her. She was cold, but not cold enough to make her move. The way the water rippled from each individual raindrop was enough to entice Gracious to remain in the storm. She didn't mind, perhaps she needed to be cleansed like this. She faced bad luck, maybe this shower would reverse her curse. She could only hope, at least.

She sat quietly, feeling the water dribble onto her face and drip off her nose.

Weak for true love
November 19, 2019, 02:18 PM
Aiolos
Courtfall
Vísivai
It was cold. 

The coming winter made the winds chilled and the rain like ice, dropping down onto his nose and narrowing his flaming gaze. Though far from a downpour, the misty weather, if only he closed his eyes, would remind him of the chilly and rainy mists on the island he had come from. 

He strolled with no particular diection, wondering the beautiful valley thay would be his home over the coming winter until he was able (as he had not given up hope) to reunite with the Nereides which commanded him and pulled his strings. He was without direction or purpose without them. 

Stopping, he took note of the large woman by the spring, letting the rain soak her until it reached the bone. He came to her, curious, his head falling low between his legs as he regarded her silently. Was she alright ?
November 19, 2019, 06:56 PM
Gracious
Courtfall
Fëafelmë
Her eyes were gently shut, shielded from the delicate raindrops that continued to litter the sky and ground. Gracious couldn't remember when she stood out in rain like this, on her own terms at least. It would grow chilling, but she held the decision to not put awareness to her body temperature. Instead, she focused on the sounds and sights, rather than the feelings. It could be considered a form of discipline, in the sense where she deprived herself of feeling.

Her mind remained clear, though her ears picked up on the sounds of someone who strode towards her. She doesn't break her focus quite yet due to no words being spoken. However, she turned her head towards the direction the male is in and gently opened her eyes.

In front of her, a young man. His expression left her to believe he had some worry for her. She wondered if he thought she was too old to be in the rain like this. "You look concerned," she said softly, "and perhaps a bit cold as well." Her voice is kind and inviting, she wondered what the male thought of her.

Weak for true love
November 21, 2019, 05:42 PM
Aiolos
Courtfall
Vísivai
The other woman would turn her attention slowly to him, eyes fully opening to regard him. Perhaps he had interrupted a meditating state for her? She spoke and he nodded his crown delicately. Of course I am, ma'am. He addressed her politely. It was easy to follow the rules when the woman weren't beating you down and barking at you like you were filth. Though hopefully the lax manner of the woman here and such a long leash he had wouldn't cause him to get out of line and loose his path of Nereides custom. No woman should be left unattended to. What is it you need? He would ask of her, dismissing her own question of his comfort or lack there of.
November 22, 2019, 11:45 PM
Gracious
Courtfall
Fëafelmë
He sounded a bit official, polite at best. His concern for her was innocent and caused a gentle rumble of a giggle to leave her coal black lips. She felt a bit daft for laughing but couldn't help herself. "I can assure you, I am quite okay out here."

Was Gracious really that old to look weak by herself? She hoped not, she didn't consider herself to be a complete senior or anything. Despite her grey coat, she hadn't aged very much, besides the few silver hairs that came from her stresses of her ocean escape. She'd have to check her coat later for any changes, perhaps her dark spots were fading already.

"I don't need anything, really," her tone was light and fluttery, "except some serenity, and a bit of rain too. And I've already gotten both of those."

She turned her body, now she sat facing him, her back to the pools. "Perhaps, you are in need of something?" It was certainly a philosophical question, she wondered if the male would think or simply make some quick response with formalities. He seemed like a smart one, but she felt curious about his other traits.

Weak for true love
November 26, 2019, 12:57 PM
Aiolos
Courtfall
Vísivai
The grayscale woman laughed a bit and thereafter, assured him that she was quite alright out here despite the freezing rains and cooler weather with the coming winter. They were wolves, after all and complete the the coating to keep them warm during the winter savior their noses and even sometimes their paws. Still, if one was not feeling their best, a chill could come about them and sickness settle in. 

Then, after explaining that she didnt need anything, that she had everything she wanted at the moment, Aiolos would have dismissed himself as common custom (to not be seen or heard unless needed)  had she not asked of him the same. What he needed? He was caught off guard and paused with uncertainty. 

After a moment, he huffed out a small laugh, eyes glancing towards her face. Cant say I recall being ever asked that before... His head tilted ever slightly, formless pushing up in a shrug-like manner. I'd like to find my group I'd lost when coming to these lands but, no such luck on that bit yet. He admitted. At this rate,  many of the wolves in the Vale would know he'd lost his seafaring brethern. If anything it would get the word out.
November 30, 2019, 01:05 AM
Gracious
Courtfall
Fëafelmë
The question was something one could spend an eternity thinking about. What did one need? Perhaps, personal achievement, or foood and shelter, maybe even a warm place to rest one's head? Whatever someone or something craved and desired, there was little to distract them. Gracious felt a bit surprised by his answer, then saddened after. To lose a group one belonged to is a weight that rests itself upon the heart and shoulders. She wondered if it was pure bad luck that caused the separation, or perhaps, actions of others. Gracious did not like to assume things about others, but one would leave if the group was going bad. So, what could it be?

She'd philosophize later, for now she kept her attention on the other. "I'm sorry to hear you have lost your way," she said, "fate and destiny like to play fickle games with us sometimes. They'll toss you in the right direction when they feel like it." She could ground herself and tell him something that may hold more meaning, but the woman decided to be a bit more... thoughtful. The universe worked in mysterious ways, in ways wolves couldn't explain. She at least experienced it that way, but perhaps it was different for everyone. "I lost my group too, but I've made new ties here in the Vale, at least, I'm trying to. What was in this group that you miss?" Having others look out for you is a perk, but it doesn't keep wolves alive sometimes -- sometimes it's better to venture off on your own.

Weak for true love
December 06, 2019, 03:18 PM
Aiolos
Courtfall
Vísivai
Perhaps not fate nor destiny,  but Aiolos had been grown to believe in the Moon and Sea Goddess. Was this their way of tossing him in the right direction? Away from the Nereides which had captured him in his youth? Why would they though cause him to loose touch of their own worshippers? Or perhaps it was a test, to see just how hard and how willing Aiolos was to live amongst them again, to truly by a part of their tribe and be seen as something worthy to rise up in the Male's ranks and claim any rights? 

It was questions not to be answered. Not now at least. Maybe, not ever. 

Then the she-wolf says she had lost her group too. That she was having to start anew here in the Vale, at least trying to. Would that be Aiolos fate? In a situation as this, he was blessed to not have lost any family, a mate to love and children to care for. The closest thing he ever had to such was Ovid. Olo missed him dearly and yet, things could have ended up far worse for him then being found by the Vale Queen. 

Well uhh.. Ovid, mainly. He taught me the ropes and all while I was still a pup; trained me. Olo could call him mentor and a brother. And the rest? He both highly respected him and feared them, but he did not love them. He was in debt to them. The rest, well... I grew up in a lifestyle I've been told most would think odd around here. The Nereides are all female- they rule, and the men are far below them. Not slaves but... He struggled, unable to explain. 

Yes, slaves. Servants. Peasants. 

But what did Aiolos know other then this?