Firefly Glen i seen an emerald in the sky
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
oops turns out fireflies aren't actually out in the winter, so we're just gonna roll with it i guess lmao

so lost in her reverie as she was, the young girl does not notice the proximity of another until a greeting breaks the lingering silence. ears swivel as she jumps lightly, instantly on her paws as she moves fluidly to look upon the shadowed form of another.  "sorry!a soft laugh as her tail flicks "i didn't hear you approach i was a little distractedshe smiles a little bashfully whilst bicoloured eyes roam his frame curiously. he's older and cloaked in darkness yet her gaze is caught up by his eyes. polaris tended to have a little habit of assuming a wolf's character by their gaze alone and was constantly drawn to such coloured orbs. she believed them to be quite underrated, no one spoke much about eyes yet she found these glowing spheres of such different, vibrant colours and expressions endlessly fascinating. like clay's, they're green, yet unlike the boy's they don't remind her of the lushest of grasses on the warmest sunny days. there was something ethereal about the sharpness of this man's lighter gaze and it suited the sharp smell of air to cling to his pelt. her heart constricts a little, he smelled like mountains. 

blinking rapidly, polaris shakes her head at his question. "no i was just...exploringa soft shrug as she glances about "i'm new to the area and i wanted to learn more about it, i'm a bit of a wanderer i guess but i got distracted by...she turns to the glowing bugs once more, wonder alight in her mismatched gaze as the ever shifting light dapples the earth. they're so spectacular, to get to live and contain such light and beauty. "what are they... she exhales softly, breath shifting visibly forth in the chilled air. and as soon as she utters it, a soft noise has her ears lifting curiously. the softest of patters and she suspects rain yet no; it drifts down in the form of solid purity. snow. eyes widen as she looks about, snow was yet another thing the girl couldn't imagine ever finding mundane. no matter how many years she lived for, she could never imagine becoming immune to the earth's beauty like some seemed to be. her nose wrinkles as the substance grows heavier and flakes land on the leathery skin. a soft giggle slips free as she looks back to him; he probably thought her to be crazy but she couldn't find it in her heart to care. it felt good to be exposed to so much after past weeks of dark nothing.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 14, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 20, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 28, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - January 10, 2020, 05:11 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - January 19, 2020, 02:34 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - May 11, 2020, 04:05 PM