Stone Circle you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
lmao i noticed that, oh well i guess it wouldn't be too odd since they both mentioned kavik being their dad - also sorry it's a bit long i usually keep border posts relatively short but this is all a lot for her <3

pity...eyes narrow with slight suspicion, scanning their features carefully to indentify any slip up that may betray the faux nature behind such glances. when the ghostly man speaks, she blinks reproachfully at him; muscles twitching in slight preparation for some cruel, sneering cackle to slip forth. yet there is none, the steady thrum of his voice is as solid as it had been when he'd first approached the border only mere minutes previous and yet still before they had managed to unintentionally uproot everything she'd come to believe. 

only thought them to be?

continuing to chew at her lip, she glares off to the side for a moment; trying to fight the burning rising in her chest. there is sense to his words and yet such shock toys with the wrong emotions, tempting forth bitter anger that he could so casually suggest....she'd seen no bodies....that she had just been wrong about the death of her own family! did he not think she would've made sure...but you didn't, you ran away....and it takes just that one flicker of uncertainty for the raging fire to lose its domineering power as doubt flushed forth like a wave of icy liquid. her shoulders sag. 

the woman speaks again, and the heat has left her gaze when she glances up now. at the description all she can see is her beloved lainie grinning before her, mischief alight in those bright eyes. all she can muster is a wearied nod, jaws trembling lightly. they were alive...she was glad, of course she was! yet the shock, it had hit with a force so strong she just...she didn't know what to do. so much time she'd spent recovering, fighting the agonizing pain that she was ultimately alone. they'd been living the whole time, roaming the teekons themselves. so many questions were already building and she felt pulverized under the weight of them, mouth dry. what about the rest? was it only lainie and papa alive? did they think she was dead? had they looked for her?....she exhales slowly, blinking rapidly to fight back any threatening dampness. 

the matriarch's gentle offer swam about her for a few minutes before finally settling in and it was only then that she really came back. the relief at having somewhere safe to gather her bearings, it was immense enough to give her a moment of clarity. "i'm sorryshe exhaled sharply, guilty not only for her very unprofessional and frankly weak display but for even considering these kind wolves were anything like the nightwalkers. "this is all just...a big shock. thank you so much though, i'd love to joinshe fell silent for a few contemplative moments before adding somewhat tentatively, hoping she wasn't asking for too much. "you wouldn't mind if i went looking for them after a couple days? i'm not wanting to leave i just can't rest knowing they could be out there. i'm an aspiring scout too so i could like use this as practice, keep an eye out for anything that might benefit you's to know too so that i can also be earning my keep....a quick shrug as she blinked hopefully at the two, she really didn't want to seem ungrateful for their offer but surely they'd understand her need to find out the truth about her family's fate.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut - by Siarut - April 03, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut - by Siarut - April 03, 2020, 08:40 PM
RE: you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut - by Siarut - April 04, 2020, 04:56 PM
RE: you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut - by RIP Polaris - April 05, 2020, 04:12 PM
RE: you shoulda kept your pretty mouth shut - by Siarut - April 09, 2020, 04:43 PM