Stone Circle Showed up just a little too late.
14 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
She had been wandering for some time, her fowl companion was flying overhead. This was a strange new place she found herself in, not at all like home. She had followed the direction that her father had told her hoping maybe she had stayed in the direction.

A border stood in front of the woman and she took in the various scents before letting a howl fly into the air.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Today Nanook felt particularly fatigued, but she refused to let this strange weariness stop her from attending her usual duties around the pack. Everyone got tired once in a while, didn't see them complaining. So when the call went up in a voice unfamiliar, the mercenary descended the hill below Stone Circle and made her way to meet the stranger who waited on them.

Atelihai, she greeted in her native tongue, and held back a yawn -- also shoving back a thought that maybe she wasn't the best to represent the Hollow right now. Ha - darn well she was. We are Easthollow, she continued, and flicked her copper gaze to the fowl. Wow, did even un-dead food look good right now... State your business here.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
14 Posts
Ooc —
Her call was answered promptly and the woman greeted her and by her surprise it was in her tongue as well and her ears perked up with interest. "This was the pack I was looking for. My name is Aislinn, my father told me this was the pack my mother Kiran called home." The young girl prayed she wasn't too late and her mother hadn't traveled on.
"Common" "Inuktitut"
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook noticed how the woman came to attention, in a way quite different than most. Mix this in with that odd sense of deja vu, and she might already sum up this encounter as particularly interesting. To hear that the girl sought Easthollow in particular proved interesting all the more.

Yet the intrigue fizzled when the young girl spoke her mother's name, but of course, it was then that the familiarity clicked. Yes, was she not almost a spitting image, from the speckling of black along her withers, to the warm earthiness of her eyes? But even her use of the Northern tongue could not erase the solemnity that fell over the Apaata's face when she thought of Kiran, and the bloody end that had been made of her...

Aislinn... how was she to tell this daughter of her mother's death? She hardly looked older than Leta, or West. The burying of parents was an honour of the aged, and her mind turned to Scarlett. No child should have to face this. I am sorry. Nanook bowed her head, Your Anânak passed away at the start of winter, many months ago. We carried her up, and she turned her head and pointed at the pillared Circle from which she had descended, we buried her within our sacred ground.
I'll do better
14 Posts
Ooc —
It was as if her heart had dropped out of her chest and broke. "Oh..." was all she could say and she hated it. The wonderful woman her father had told her and her siblings so much about; she would never get to know now. She let out a soft whimper, holding back any tears that tried to come up. Her pride would not allow her to mourn in front of a stranger. "I...I um I would like to join, if that'd be possible. I...I can hunt and I know a bit about medicine." she had no clue what she was doing. She had come with a single plan and it was smashed to pieces. "I know I don't know much about your pack but I really don't know what to do now." She stared down at her paws and waited for the woman to answer
"Common" "Inuktitut"
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
With a bow of her head, she allowed Aislinn the quietness to grieve. Deep compassion stirred within the Apaata. Empathy, one might better say. Scarlett had been ripped from her, too, though Nanook had been younger that this girl before her, and she might've had a pack to keep her, if she had possessed a better grip on her depression, if she had felt safe enough in the Maplewood to stay.

She lifted her copper gaze to meet the stranger's again, when she lifted her voice. The deep emotion still clutched her... if she lived within Easthollow, Nanook decided that slowly, she would teach her these emotions did not need to be hidden. That grief did not make one weak, that tears were bonds of fidelity and strength.

I do not have the final say, but our Matriarch is my sister. I trust that she will welcome you, as I do now, Without pause, she swung her head back and summoned @Valette. With the call ringing out, Nanook relaxed, and offered Aislinn a gentle look, We have two others who practice medicine in our ranks. My niece, and a newer boy. You may do well to learn from them. Our Matriarch herself is our head hunter. Very able, I am sure she too will teach you. Now -- a question of my own, free from interview, a thin smile stole her lips, Ipvit nakkit?
I'll do better
14 Posts
Ooc —
The woman was quiet in her moment of silence. It was just so much to process for the young girl. She knew she had to find her flying companion so that she could let her siblings know. She mentioned that it wasn't her say and she understood that. When the girl howled for their leader to arrive she waited paitiently and listened to her. "If accepted I will go seek them out." She asked her question and she swung her head to the direction of her home. "Tâvunga
"Common" "Inuktitut"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette came when her sister called her to the border. She made her way to the location she was called to. When she arrived she saw her sister with a stranger, pale with black markings. How curious to see. Valette dipped her head in greeting. "Hello," she greeted and then looked at her sister. She assumed it was someone joining. She would let her sister speak about what information she gathered about this female. She was curious about the newcomer.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook quirked a grin when the woman spoke again in the tongue of her people. In word and face, Aislinn was a Northerner through and through! She decided, then, that she would have to introduce this girl to Siarut and father before tracking down any of the other wolves she'd mentioned thus far. Xan, as well, though Nanook didn't often know what to make of her brother these days... regardless, she imagined they would be most excited to have another native speaker in their midst!

She turned to her sister with bright eyes, and a quick nod of her head. "Valette," she greeted, and wasted no breath. "This is Aislinn, she wishes to join us. Kiran's daughter. She is interested in gameskeeping and medicine. I already speak my approval," she was quite certain Valette would, too, but still deferred the final say to her, "What do you think?"
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head at her sister when she spoke and explained who this female was. "I see," she spoke as she looked at the other for a moment. "If she is Kiran's daughter she is part of the family," Valette decided, it was not a difficult decision. Kiran had been part of their pack for a long time before she died. She hoped the female knew this. She assumed so. "I can give you hunting lessons," she offered.

"Welcome to Easthollow," she spoke with a dip of her head.
14 Posts
Ooc —
She let the older females talk amongst themselves for as long as they needed and she waited patiently until the leader spoke up and she found it a little hard to breath as she gave her decision. She was accepted and the young wolf let out a breath of relief. "I would enjoy that greatly. Thank you!" Her tail swayed happily behind her as she gave a small smile.
"Common" "Inuktitut"