Whitefish River maybe that makes me a fool
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
No worries if you’re full on threads

After fulfilling the morning patrol, Evergreen takes a pitstop at the river and successfully snags a fish. It’s big enough that it should fill his hunger, so he figures he might as well try gifting it to @Ira. It’s odd, right now he doesn’t know how he should go about treating her, because he’s pretty sure she would kick his ass if he frets as if she’s fragile—but with pups on the way, it has him nervous.
He paces a few times with fish clenched in his jaws—circling around the den that Ira reclaimed with their move. Eventually he takes in a deep breath and approaches. Ira? He calls out, muffled.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was another day where the sun had risen before the Constable. It seemed that was becoming more and more common despite her attempts to change that. She wasn't sure why she was so tired lately, but she would push on to make sure her duties were tended to anyways. This time it was the Count's voice that woke her, not the sun's rays.

Golden eyes fluttered open as she adjusted to the light of the den, a dark shape blocking the sun from creeping in aside from the small gaps to Evergreen's sides. A yawn escaped Ira as she stretched, making her way to her feet to poke her head out into the late morning as she finally registered who was standing outside her den. Evergreen? It was unusual to be greeted by the male before she was up, much less with a fish in his jaws.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It’s quiet for a beat, and the bearish Count debates how offended Ira may be if he peaked inside her den—it’d just be to make sure she is alright! Fortunately he hears a stirring before long, and the roan Constable appears a few beats after. Eve wags his tail in relief.
Morning, he greets, still muffled by the fish—which he finally moves to place on the ground, stepping a bit closer towards Ira to place it towards her and then, back to his space. I, uh… thought you might be hungry.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira blinked between the fish and the bear. She had never understood his fascination for sea creatures, the taste had never been appealing, but it would be rude to deny his catch if he has sought it out for her. Additionally, the grip on her stomach made food sound like a great idea, even fish seemed to strike a chord in her mind and stomach as appetizing. Weird... A meal sounds lovely, thank you Evergreen. Do you have other business? Surely he hadn't come just to deliver the fish. She was more than capable of pulling a meal from the cache or hunting something down on her own.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Fortunately Ira accepts the gift—fish taken off his hands which leaves Evergreen wagging his tail, grin briefly growing a touch wider. Easy to please, and eager to do so, too. The bear, however, hadn’t thought ahead of… y’know any other sort of business, so he tilts his head in confusion.
Uh, no… not really. If… the roan Constable prefers, he could always leave, although he becomes crestfallen at the idea. I, uh, was just thinking we could hang out.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable was taken aback by Evergreen's words. It had been some time since they spent any time together that wasn't related to some sort of responsibility. In all honesty, she didn't really think he wanted to anymore ever since he started hanging out with Winterbourne. That bored? Ira was never the first pick to "hang out" with, and for good reason. She wouldn't deny it, she was a businesswoman. Jokes aside, she made her way fully out of her den before pulling the fish towards herself to take a bite.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Has it become that out of character? Fair, honestly with the way things have been after the cavern incident, Evergreen barely hung around any of Kaistleoki’s members, save Winterbourne and Speedy who both cared for him during the disorienting time. He couldn’t be more grateful to Ira, too, for providing the pack a much needed leader at the helm.
No— uhm, I just… miss when… we, uhm, were… friends. I mean, we are friends! At least, I hope we still are? But I mean, when we weren’t… always talking about pack stuff and having to worry about leadership. Evergreen rambles, glancing downward to stare at his toes that he shuffles awkwardly about. Though the rustle of movement provokes him to glance just a touch upward, and a surprised yet giddy grin blossoms on his cheeks at the sight of Ira eating.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable takes the bear's stumbling through conversation as an opportunity to rip into the flesh of the fish, grateful that the taste did not revolt her as it often did. It's not until he finishes that she looks up catching his childlike expression causing a brow to raise, but the look disappeared as fast as it appeared. She missed Evergreen's company and after their accident, she wasn't sure he would ever be the same. Ah... Golden eyes dropped back to the fish as her thoughts faded to their first encounter along the river in Easthollow. I appreciate that...it would be nice to have a friend again. Not that the bear had ever stopped, but...well, friends weren't easy to come by for Ira.

When Winterbourne moved into the picture she was aware of the rift between them that only worsened between duties and injuries. A grunt shook the roan woman's frame as she mentally shook her head out of the gutter, Apologies, that wording wasn't quite correct—Evergreen didn't like her like that and perhaps he never did. Her interpretation of their relationship had been incorrect, they were friends and she had to remind herself that they were still friends. After everything, she still had her friend. I also miss our time together, I'd love to have your company.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Through his rambling, Evergreen is unaware of how much Ira is feasting—usually she would take to eating fish slowly, and had the bear been observant he would be overjoyed and curious at the change of behavior. Right now, however, anxiety is king.
His lips tug in a frown—a complicated tug-o’-war of feelings battling it out whether to be happy or sadden by the roan Constable’s words. Eve never meant to stop being a friend, and never meant to stop supporting Ira in the ways she does for him.
He tries to take it in stride, and pushes the doubt in the back of his head. Insecurities were loud, but he wears a smile on his face. Tugging round cheeks. Great, uh, I’d like to hang out more. I need to… uh, get back into the scene and chill with everyone in Kaistleoki. Oh! But uhm, did… did you have any other plans today? I hope I’m not interrupting—maybe I could, uh, help?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira took a moment to think. The bear woke her so she hadn't really solidified any plans yet, usually, she'd start with a patrol then work her way up from there. Well, you interrupted my sleep, but other than that no I have no plans. The roan woman rolled her eyes before flicking her gaze back to Evergreen, a small smile on her lips. It was an attempt at joking, something she never really was great with, but there was a time the two spoke freely. More so than now at least. A layer of awkwardness still covered their conversations and Ira could sense his unease. Perhaps she could ease him back.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
A soft chuckle escapes the bear in response, ears airplaning out with a twinge of guilt yet he knows the small smile that graces the roan Constable’s lips is a good sign; it’s been awhile since he’s been able to see it. Well, uh, guess we can’t spar and… food has already been taken care of… uh, any ideas?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry this took ten years :x

The Constable mused over the question. It wasn't often she did anything for fun...or really ever. Perhaps the things she enjoyed were just typical duties to others. Golden eyes fluttered to the remains of the fish at her paws. It might not have been her thing, but she knew Evergreen enjoyed it. Maybe it would spark some of that early friendship as well, Maybe you can finally teach me how to properly catch a fish? It seemed like a funny concept to her that the bear had anything to teach her, but that would not be giving the man enough credit. After all, he had already taught her more than she liked to admit when it came to life.