Stone Circle Stone Circle 101
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
her ears fold lightly against her head as if attempting to shield her from the powerful truth rolling from the words ushered her way. she felt the press of her gaze and suddenly felt very, very small as she swallowed and struggled to lift her own eyes; their usual flame having momentarily dulled. yet the warmth to step from the steady green cast her way wrapped her in an embrace promising security and safety and the girl, suddenly so exhausted from the constant need to prove she was okay- found herself yielding to the promise of comfort. still, a muscle twitched in her jaw at the following words; 

"But is how that wolf deals with that hardship is how they define themselves,"​

memories slithered forth, smoky tendrils stroking the edges of her mind with cruel croons.

"Now, you have two options: allow the pain to crush you, or use it to make you stronger. Which will you choose?"

the thickness of that suffocating forest pressing in, crushing at her as the man of shadows with his predatory grin had posed that question. uncanny eyes sizzling with delight at her discomfort as he sought to take what had happened to her and use it warp her into one of them. her expression grew sour as she was momentarily lost to it, the lush, rolling lands of easthollow replaced with the haunted woods and their reek of death. but she recalled the anger, the way she'd lashed back at him before he'd retreated into the shadows that hung from his pelt- valette was right. shaking her head to escape the memory, she cast a wild look to the woman before easing the quickened beat of her heart with a deep breath, she was stronger- that was fact. yet a troubled furrow of her brows accompanied her last thought- did the woman realise that clay, her own son was perhaps tethering on such a line and straying onto the wrong side. his anger, she chewed at her battered lip again and pushed it back- none of her business, clay had specifically said not to come looking for him again and so she wouldn't.

"i knowshe murmured a little hoarsely, appreciating the straight forward nature of the earthen woman. gentle yet not coddling her either. her gratitude soared. "thank you so much valette- for everythingsincerity flashed strongly in her unique gaze as she stood a little taller and admitted without a scrap of shame. "you wouldn't mind if i rested for a bit? i'm...i'm really tiredit was true, although knowing she was safe and allowed to rest she'd struggled to drop the tension wrapping around her muscles despite her relaxed demeanour and all these memories hissing free....exhausted her, she needed to rest- truly rest. and thanks to this conversation, she believed herself capable to now. "i'd love to learn more again thoughshe murmured in regards to the overlooking stones, completely honest. for now, she simply leaned back on her haunches and awaited the matriarch's permission to depart.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Valette - April 19, 2020, 07:07 AM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Polaris - April 19, 2020, 11:55 AM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Valette - April 19, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Polaris - April 19, 2020, 03:39 PM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Valette - April 21, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Polaris - April 28, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Valette - April 29, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Polaris - May 01, 2020, 10:34 AM
RE: Stone Circle 101 - by RIP Valette - May 01, 2020, 03:26 PM