Stone Circle No one can save you because you don't want to be saved
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had kind of expected an outburst from the male, it had been laying on thick. She knew that when she pushed she might get a wave of emotions back in return. It was not that hard to see. She shook her head but waited with a verbal response in case he continued. He did continue and she took in every word. He was clearly not seeing what she was seeing. He was taking care of them and he was doing this without her. He could even speak out her name, he choked. "Say it. Say her name," she instantly responded then. "Nanook," she said herself. He would have to learn how to say her name otherwise he would never speak it again. His children were going to ask about her and he would need to be comfortable talking about them.

"You are getting is mixed up. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting, Sia. In fact, you should remember. Remember it all, the good and the bad. But mostly the good. She is gone. Nothing will change that. You will never forget that. Never. But you do have to pick yourself up, as hard as that is. You have to." She returned to him, ending in a big of a strict tone. She meant it in a good way. "You thinking that you cannot do it alone is utter bullshit and you know it. As you might have realized this, you are already doing this without her. But that doesn't mean you have to do it alone. I am here if you need me. But you are doing this without her already. You will have to accept that."

Valette inhaled softly and looked at him. "You know why I like the stones? Because they represent what that wolf stood for. To be reminded about how that wolf lived their life. She might not be here this day, this minute. But you better remember Nanook. You remember her name. You say her name out loud, shout it from Stone Circle for all I care. You will remember her as the person she was. And by doing so you will never be able to forget her. She will not be by your side but in your heart." They had buried Nanook, and her stone was the Pilgrim Stone. It was almost too fitting how Sia was going to have to start his own journey, a new journey. They all had. "Say her name, and say it proud," she stated.
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one can save you because you don't want to be saved - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:04 PM