Stone Circle I smell children
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
it all happened so fast, like the flicker of a weak flame suddenly catching ahold of the appropriate kindling and roaring to blinding life faster than anyone could keep up. she'd been blinking back at the dumbfounded look fixated upon her from the pale child, realising that he had not quite caught ahold of the risk he'd been in mere seconds ago and was about to speak quietly to him when the earth seemed to thunder with the approach of the impressive greyback. eyes are snatched away by the colossal figure bearing down on them, an involuntary shudder rippling down her spine at the ferocity in that look even if it was not aimed at her. and perhaps it was quite inappropriate of her but she felt...giddy in the face of such spiked adrenaline, especially when he loosed his powerful call to the wolves of easthollow. it took a great deal of effort to remain rooted by the pup, paws tickled by such clamouring energy that begged to shift for mere reprieve alone. and then- awe kissed eyes tracked the blur of valette as the matriarch entered the scene in a blaze of staggering potency and without a hint of hesitation, she released her battle cry and flung herself at the intruder. 

she watches hungrily, finding something fascinatingly beautiful in the twist of the victim's limbs as her body shifted into an auto pilot mode that allowed her to make such moves in an attempt to escape that one could never dream of attempting with only their mind to help. the ivory man who'd met her on the borders all those months ago joined the fray and then the azure eyed woman was off; wolves snapping hungrily after her. ears twisting to catch west tyree's snarl, pleased to hear him declare something with such vigour. and oh how her blood sang at the prospect of such a chase, body leaning forward with the yearn of it but no- she's gotta focus; attention jolting back to the child as he pressed himself to her paw whilst brows furrowed and she forced in a steadying inhale. leaning her head down, she'd murmur a soft "heyworking hard to ignore the trill of adrenaline and keep her voice as calm as possible, she just needed to talk- whether he heard the words or not didn't matter, hopefully the consistency of her voice would help ease his racing heart. "i don't think we've met yet, i'm polaris; one of your packmates. easthollow is a really pretty place isn't it? i think it's one of the prettiest places ever and i've seen a lot of places, i go on quite a lot of adventures. if you like, one day when you're old enough i'll bring you on some and show you beautiful things. i brought a friend home from one of my travels you know? he's a child like you, his name's alsek and i'm sure he could do with a brave friend like you to get him used to the pack...."

and on she'd drone, honestly not even knowing if the child was advanced enough to understand a word of what she lilted but it was the tone, that's what mattered. and as she lingered there with him, now that she was no longer quite so distracted by the clamour, she could not help but feel a little unsettled. for when she and west had caught the icy woman, she had not regarded them with fear. no, there had been a hunger to the eyes that had scanned them; as if she were sizing up her next catch. and although the air was mild, she shivered.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
I smell children - by RIP Rosina - July 01, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: I smell children - by Kallik - July 04, 2020, 01:50 AM
RE: I smell children - by West Tyree - July 04, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Polaris - July 04, 2020, 12:54 PM
RE: I smell children - by Oryx - July 04, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: I smell children - by Greyback - July 04, 2020, 01:47 PM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Valette - July 04, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: I smell children - by Siarut - July 04, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Rosina - July 05, 2020, 05:07 PM