Stone Circle I smell children
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
it appeared to be working, and in that very moment her need to keep this child's fear at bay became a task shuddering with as much potency as chasing the hoodlum from their borders could even hope to withold. and it was working, it was working she was succeeding and then- a start at greyback's touch, vigilant look flashing with protective vigour only to realise who it was. yet relief is short lived as brows draw to follow his glance to the child, jaw visibly clenching at the words to pierce the air. 

"don't look away, kallik."

raw command rushing to back up his statement, landing with a force so heavy that even polaris felt inclined to obey despite its culprit being the pup tucked in her embrace. she is appalled and it takes only that initial spark to catch ahold and spread a roaring inferno within of vehement outrage. what was he thinking?? distaste burns sour on her tongue, hold on the pale boy tightening; what is there to accomplish there? terror is no lesson and nor is violence, he seeks to grab ahold of shriveling innocence and set it aflame and for what? the tremble of his bird boned figure, the rapid progression of his heart against her leg is all enough to know he will wish never to stray into the grasp of danger again and so how, how on earth, could subjecting this child to more cruelty benefit anyone?? a resounding ache groans along her jaw, protesting how hard the dove presses teeth against each other but she truly believes it is the only thing saving her from saying something she might dreadfully regret. this is her alpha, she has to be respectful and yet...

she does not have as firm a hold on her expression as her tongue, scintillating look kissed with horrified indignation and ears seeking refuge against her head as she glares at the boulder of a wolf before her. is he of the mindset that the ability to look at the world's barbaric tendencies and take it on the chin is what makes one strong? if he tried to shove such an idea into the wondrous mind of alsek she'd- she'd- what? he is her alpha, her leader, she can't....she looks away with a sharp exhale, glaring hard as grit teeth release another echoing pain. but the pup, she blinks down to realise that he has pointedly ignored the looming man and rather pushed further into her clutch; and her heart aches with both relief and trepidation as she pulls him closer. "you're safe, you're safe...she breathes, don't give up, it isn't always like this..the world is beautiful too i swear.

she glances up only when siarut arrives, nodding wordlessly at his thanks and offering a weak smile as the child scurried back to his papa. ears tilted at greyback's rumble, tense muscles sagging a little; fear that he'd scorn the boy for disobeying abandoning her with that statement. but she still felt unsettled by that initial command and once she was relieved of his focus; the girl would intend to slip away without so much as a glance in his direction.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
I smell children - by RIP Rosina - July 01, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: I smell children - by Kallik - July 04, 2020, 01:50 AM
RE: I smell children - by West Tyree - July 04, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Polaris - July 04, 2020, 12:54 PM
RE: I smell children - by Oryx - July 04, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: I smell children - by Greyback - July 04, 2020, 01:47 PM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Valette - July 04, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: I smell children - by Siarut - July 04, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: I smell children - by RIP Rosina - July 05, 2020, 05:07 PM