Whitefish River I will cover my eyes,
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Trade 

Orlaith attached herself to the border of Kaistleoki. She didn't meet to many wolves within the group, besides Ira, Speedy, and the puppy, whose name she never got. Even then most of her interactions came with Riley, a recent recruit, and the Count herself- that was the limitation to her social interactions. If not between the two, majority of her time spent to the border.

It was a pleasant actually. It felt all too natural, and she took it with pride. A guard of sorts, with her size and mass, and colors, she would be an intimidating foe to anyone who seemed to want to attack. She especially was enjoying chasing out the badgers and foxes, any that could cause trouble.

A pleasant time.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As summer fell into fall, Kaistleoki flourished just like the woods of their territory after the rain. Most of their problems seemed to diminish on their own and the pack had regained its strength that was lost long ago (even if she hated to admit their weak moments). It was with confidence that Ira took to the borders allowing her children to roam freely and play. They were old enough to know trouble and hopefully avoid it. She couldn't hover forever and they would need to learn lessons on their own as well.

Shortly into her walk, Ira came across the familiar scent of Orlaith, one of the few wolves she had actively socialized within recent days. It seemed the other had also come to the borders so she made the effort to track the scent until the flame came into view. It was good to see another so dedicated to guarding the borders, even if she personally enjoyed it, the extra security allowed her to tend to other matters.

As the Count approached, she chuffed letting her presence be known. You look comfortable.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Yeah," Orlaith grinned, "finding out I was a warrior definitely felt fitting- and feels comforting going back to what.. Seemed like a routine." It also was an appreciation to protect so. She couldn't offer medical experience, and while she could hunt, it definitely wasn't a speciality to take. Her life before so, was a warrior- and this life as well, would follow so.

"It's peaceful." She did comment however during the patrols. Nothing truly came bothering their doors, and it felt simply pleasing to wander without a worry. At the same time- there was a restlessness. Orlaith felt a need to use her energy, and the best she could do was patrol.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As the other spoke a small smile quirked the edges of her lips. Every conversation seemed to bring the two unknowingly closer together, or at least for Ira who usually did not share much of herself. I agree, and most days it is peaceful. Worth it the days that it's not to be there...though many find the patrols a chore. Perhaps she would have too had it not been her one escape of solitude and peace as a child. The borders quickly became a safe haven for the roan warrior. Ira pushed up against a nearby tree before catching up to the other woman's side. How long have you been out here?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"That's a good fucking question- I forgot!" Just like her memory! Like a slap on the knee, Orlaith laughed loudly. Though honestly she couldn't really say how long it's been since she was wandering around and patrolling. It was too peaceful that time seemed to be an abyss, and honestly... While nice, the wolf now felt restless.

Side by side the two patrolled, "I haven't really met anyone else- who else is in Kaistleoki?" Olives occasionally glancing around seeing if another wolf would pup up to join them.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count raised a brow at the other's brashness. The wording was one matter, but the actual context— She didn't know how long she had been patrolling? Orlaith was proving to be a strange one in many ways, but helpful all the same. Ira huffed a single chuckle as she continued to weave through the thinning forest.

Well if you are bound to our borders you may not find many. Usually, it's just me. Of course other wolves patrolled too, but it was one task Ira consumed herself with. Most of the time she spent her patrols alone, but now and then she'd cross paths with another, just as she did now. We have many faces, but several stick to the depths of the territory. Many of us have children so I suspect they are busy raising them in preparation for winter. Who to meet?

There were many options for the fiery woman, but one mainly came to mind, Speedy is our healer and Chamberlain. She tends to the needs of our wolves and ensures our well-being. If you are looking to meet others, she would be a good place to start as she also knows the pack well.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Only met you, Speedy, that kid, and Riley." Everyone else was a strange enigma that yet to come across. Actually she hasn't even properly met any of Ira's kids either, only vaguely seen them running around the Count. There was only two from her, and two from others, and even moreso. The pack was quite kid-oriented.

"Maybe I can go out and recruit, yeah?" With a leg upwards and doing her duty, Orlaith off-handedly offer the suggestion. Since they seemed kinda low on guards as well, gave a concern to the flame wolf. She couldn't just spar and patrol with Ira all the time- needed more muscle in her opinion.

Well, there was Riley, but he was somewhere in the abyss.

"Gain more muscle to the group."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Then you should speak with Hieronymous. It was true, the painted male was still healing from his injuries, but at least he was well on his way. He is our Constable, my second in command when I am away and in times of war. Of course it was just a title. They were lucky enough to have avoided war so far and hopefully his role would never truly be needed, but in the meantime, he was in charge of Knights like Orlaith.

She too would move on to the next tree to mark while they walked, You believe we need more knights? Her question wasn't really questioning, but more so asking for the other woman's opinion. Truthfully, Ira would never say no to another guard, but Kaistloki also seems well off currently. A knight was not so much needed as adults were to help with the children, but at least they were growing and soon would be able to provide for the pack on their own. I've never left the borders to recruit, but we could train our current members as well. Perhaps that is something you might be interested in?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She momentarily paused, nearly forgetting about him so, "Oh the guy with weird patterns? I met him briefly." The introduction was so tame she nearly forgotten the fellow. If it wasn't for the oddity of what he looked like, perhaps he would've completely disappeared from Orlaith's mind. She mused silently at the fact he was the Constable, a little bit surprised as so.

"It never hurts- the more, the safer it is." She felt that warriors were the most useful at of them all, but also more common. A warrior can protect others and themselves, and most of the time they were well-hunters, so it wasn't an issue  to gain more. It simply was a safer gain as well with other dangers lurking in the mountains.

"I wouldn't mind," training by herself was peaceful, but the wolf also didn't mind torturing another.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Oh? Ira was surprised that they had met, though Orlaith did not mention it earlier. Hieronymous was a tad hard to forget, if not for his looks then his personality had him covered. Though, perhaps that was only when he was in her company...was his endless joking just a mask for her? Yes, that's him. Hard to forget a face like his. Regardless, it might be best to become better acquainted with him if you have only met in passing.

Again, she could not disagree with the Knight. Defenders were never bad additions, even without war or dangers, that knowledge can be turned to hunting and general impressions. If Kaistleoki appeared to be a pack that would be dangerous to mess with, less would try to pull something over their heads.

A side glance was offered as Orlaith spoke up again. Is that so? I know where you might be able to start then. Aliana, the wolf that joined as a guardian and hunter, though Ira had yet to test her skills. Orlaith seemed more than capable now with her time spent by the river, surely she would be able to pass her own judgment of the other guard. We have a newcomer, a bear of a wolf by the name of Aliana. She wishes to improve her hunting and mercenary skills. You should seek her out, maybe you can take her under your wing.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"He seemed nice." That was the sum of that conversation about him. He seemed nice; but otherwise there wasn't a large opinion about that. It was a somewhat dissatisfaction that he, was the Constable, but as Orlaith had not had as rich of a history within Kaistleoki, she couldn't argue on that rank claim. Not to mention how the group was made, was not about rank challenging. 

The once fairy was close to stepping in repetition, as she so did in Seelie Court. While she did not challenge, moreso simply demanded. The biggest difference however, Kaistleoki did give a way for another to a rank of accomplishments. She doesn't remember how Seelie Court was made, but by how Riley described, she was not given the appropriate rank she once deserved.

"Yeah? Bear-like?" While one can be prideful of their size, such as Orlaith was, she hadn't heard someone being described 'bear-like.' The best she could imagine was due to the size and weight, perhaps a heavy-set wolf like herself, "I will eventually, but y'know, we still gotta patrol," she then said with a hearty laugh.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Probably my last post feel free to archive or do one last post

Surprisingly, the other seemed to have little to say about Hieronymous. Maybe that was more normal than she originally considered, but it did not really matter. As long as her packmates got along which from what she had heard sounded like wasn't an issue. Ira couldn't help but let out a single chuckle at the other's inquiry of her word choice, but really what other way could she describe their newcomer?

Yes, rather large like you and I. Thick brown fur, reminds me of a bear or our...previous Count. She couldn't help but let out a slight sigh recalling the missing man. She couldn't dwell though, he was in the past now. Ira offered a small nod as she realigned her focus to their task at hand, Yes, let's finish up then. Covering the last of the borders shouldn't take long, especially with the company.