This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The plan was in motion.

And then it wasn't?
Derg made for a completely different elk, soon followed by Hemlocke and an obviously irritated Kynareth. 
Ah, so that's why.
She pulled into stride next to their Grandmaster, "I can see why Derg changed course. This one is weaker, a bit smaller too. Our original target is pregnant, and yes, that makes her slower - but our Overseer is wise in his actions here." Nyra met Donovan's gaze with understanding before she continued quietly, while the herd and their new target elk were still idle, "If we were to kill that pregnant elk, the herd would not have as many young, if any at all, to keep itself stable for the coming year." 

Though Nyra was a battle baby, she too understood the cycles of nature that needed to be upheld. 

The chase begins. 
Hemlocke is knocked back a few yards or so as the frail elk starts to run. Nyra glances back to the hellhound briefly before she pelts after their target. 
The rest of the herd has already began to scatter and flee. With a growl, Nyra pulls herself into overdrive, moving around the elk's side to lunge at it's shoulder, throw it off course and bar her from rejoining the safety of her herd. 

Success! 

The weak female ungulate bellows, staggering and tripping some as she tries to jolt herself away from Nyra's wicked teeth. 

The Paladin's jaws click, just a hair from their target's flesh yet still on emptiness as the ungulate struggles, and succeeds, to dodge the Shieldmaiden's assault. 

But, Kynareth and Derg are still at her hocks, still biting and snapping and scoring angry gashes into her legs.
And Nyra is still surging for her throat despite missing the elk's shoulder. 

Miss Frail Elk pulls herself into a run again.
One last desperate attempt to get away. 

Nyra is quick just as she has faith her packmates are, and continues the chase.
If they are lucky, Kynareth can still pull himself up to the ungulate's other shoulder, and while Derg and Hemlocke are at her hocks, Nyra and the Grandmaster can force themselves into a final thrust of speed to make this elk roll head over hooves into the dirt, where every set of jaws can make sure she never gets up again.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Messages In This Thread
That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - October 29, 2020, 12:34 AM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - October 29, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 01, 2020, 12:14 AM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - November 01, 2020, 04:18 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Hemlocke - November 05, 2020, 02:07 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 06, 2020, 05:28 AM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - November 06, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Hemlocke - November 07, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 09, 2020, 07:20 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - November 15, 2020, 04:21 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Hemlocke - November 18, 2020, 12:47 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 20, 2020, 06:14 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - November 21, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Hemlocke - November 22, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 24, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Derg - November 25, 2020, 04:51 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by Hemlocke - November 27, 2020, 07:32 PM
RE: That's All Right, I Love The Way It Hurts - by RIP Fury - November 30, 2020, 11:41 PM