Neverwinter Forest Now that your gone
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
All Welcome 
For Mal but anyone is free to sit in on this, cameos or otherwise. Made to be short and sweet, maybe...

The Beta's disappearance wohldnt go at all unnoticed by Vallkyrie. Perhaps she was being paranoid, disappearance was a strong word, but @Simmik had not ever returned from ber patrols last night and as the huntress waited, she had yet to return today, either. 

Being on a schedule between duties and then off time resting and hanging out wandering the territory with @Hotaru and @Haruki, her not showing up for her parental shift, as it were, put Kyr off schedule. It would both annoy her and worry her. 

Where the hell was she? She had howled out to her that night, but no response. It was unlike her Beta not to be prompt. In her time here in the forest, Mal and Simmik were the only members who had been here longer then she. The only pair who had been constant- not wandering off, getting lost, disappearing, just leaving

Taking a breath, she decides to howl out for @Mal. Maybe he would have some insight... Maybe he had sent her off again on a run and had not bothered to tell the pack as it was meant to be short.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal had noticed Simmik's trail out, but was doing his best to not act like some sort of uber paranoid twerp. After what happened before he knew he needed to give her some space -- and she wasn't hurt now, so she could come back no problem -- even if he also at the same time wished they hung out more. It was all very complicated, you see. She'd be back, just like always, he assumed.

Either way, Kyr's howl wasn't a usual thing, so he showed up pretty promptly after breaking away from the patrol he'd been in the process of doing. What's up? He hoped it was something nice and easy (and mundane) like one of the pups was being a jerk or something. But they weren't in sight right now, so...
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Unfortunately, it was not a call of something mundane. As it were, little did Vallkyrie call upon her alpha lest it was a manner of importance. It was true, the pair had spent times together, lounging around, just simply learning about one another. After all the pups were born however, after the deaths, the attacks, disappearances, well, truth to be told Kyr had not sought out the company of Mal just to simply have it. She knew she couldn’t blame him for all the horrible things that had happened since her time here, but she could blame him for all the complications which had arose from him being a little tramp- something, if she remembered clearly, she had warned him of. But anywho…

Have you not heard from Simmik? She asked, getting straight to the point as she closed the distance between them. She did not return from her run last night. And though by now, the pups were not exactly pups, fully capable of moving in and around the territory themselves, even beginning to take part in their own hunts, she still didn’t want it on her watch if they up and decided they had enough of living here among the forest wolves.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
From Mal's side of things, she hadn't been gone quite enough yet, but that was mostly because he hadn't  had the chance to finish realizing she was gone. But Kyr definitely was more closely involved in Simmik's life right now than he was (even if he wanted otherwise, but flailing around and giving her space didn't seem to help fix that). 

He shook his head, She didn't say anything about going on a trip to you then? I mean.. I saw her trail heading out, but it was real new when I found it, I haven't gone around enough to see if she'd come back.. Patrol was kind of in progress-ish. But you're sure like.. She shouldn't be gone now? He said it kind of uneasily, then realized he should maybe explain. I mean-- last time I thought she was lost or hurt or something I was just overreacting. And man he looked dumb after it, or so he interpreted things. But what if this time was real? Thoughts swam through his head, none of them good.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Alas, he had scented Simmik's trail out last night but hadn't yet found a trail inward. Of course the lands were large and she could very well be napping around here somewhere, but the fast that she wasnt here napping had the hairs at the back of Kyr's nape lifting. No. She answered, flat at first. Yes she was sure, obviously or she wouldnt have called. Then again, maybe she was just antsy to get out to her daily run, hunt or not. I should be do for a hunt. Half her day (more of it before the pups) she was out of the territory or quite near whilst the rest was either scouting out the borders, checking up on caches and driving the new pups insane by forcing them to work. 

Her icy eyes narrow, she snorts. Fine. Was she overreacting? Maybe. Lifting a slender paw to shove him the shoulder with it. Just go look alright? Go off then.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
If it had been a longer time between incidents, he'd be more sure of himself, but he'd messed up last time. Or so it seemed. Maybe it was good he'd freaked out?  Hell, he didn't know. But he did know that Simmik was his friend and he owed it to her to make sure she was safe. She was family. He needed her to be safe and happy -- if he'd failed again...

He was worried, but tried to pretend he had it all under control -- probably a bit badly. Yeah. I'll go check with the others. If nobody's seen her... Pause. Yeah. I need her back here. I'll find her. He hoped. Seriously, this was not his year -- but then again, was any year Mal's year? Sure didn't seem that way.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Figure we can wrap this up here. Feel free to archive it or post then archive.

He said he would check with the others and a concerned expression touched the face of the dark woman as a frown kept to her mug, though such an equal expression lost in the intensity of her icy stare. Mal was just as much a scout as herself and she trusted he would do his best to find their Beta. After all, he did need her-the pack needed her. She was the second in command, the Alpha's might and voice when he was not there. Okay. I wont go anywhere, I promise. She would have no intention of leaving the claim so long as both he and the Beta were out and if she could do so to make it be, she would keep the rest of the members within the safety of their borders as well. Too many more losses and there would not be much of a pack left to defend.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He gave her a short nod and a weak smile -- but no more than that. There was that metaphorical thundercloud lurking about putting a damper on all of it. The world enjoyed being dark, it seemed. Mal just wanted things to be calm.. To be happy. But no, it wouldn't allow.

With that, Mal ducked off along the paths to do some final checks -- check with other packmates, the border itself. After that... Well, he wasn't going to dally too long. He had to find Simmik.