Redhawk Caldera Than lying at the sharp end of this knife
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Her stern expression remained as she was informed of their state of recovery, and this simply served to confirm the fact that while the bleeding had stopped, it didn't necessarily mean they would survive. Bronco had been more or less a ragdoll, and his left forelimb useless. She wondered, due to the damage at her throat, if Alyx's vocal chords would be damaged. But for the time being, all she could ask was that they continued to rest, and be taken care of. 

At first, she thought Fennec meant that she should have done more in tending to the wounds of her packmates; and she inhaled, preparing to simply tell her to go back to her den and do whatever else needed to be done. Continue cleaning the wounds, or finding herbs for them, or whatever it took. But when Fennec reiterated her plea, Niamh's breath caught; and she realized what Fennec was saying.

She was disappointed in how she'd fought against the cougar. Out of the three wolves, she had managed the best, as far as Niamh could tell. Whatever that implied in the fight didn't necessarily translate to Niamh, who knew that some battles were fought with fewer injuries than others. But she imagined that in that situation, Fennec's blindness had probably made it much more difficult for her to manage. Cougars were horribly swift; Niamh couldn't imagine what it would be like to fight one without being able to see it.

She exhaled slowly. "If you're asking me to train you, the answer is yes. But-" She said sternly, "Not now." Which she knew wouldn't be received well. Fennec sounded impatient enough as it was. "When I say I'll train you, I mean that I'll train you my way, which means I won't go easy on you. And if I did that right now, I'm not sure you'd survive." She said. "And I need you alive so you can heal my children." She felt that was explanation enough. Both a promise that she would train Fennec, and that she would train her well- but that there was a time for such a thing, and Fennec would need to regain her strength first. She had injuries that Niamh could plainly see- and Niamh would take advantage of in a heartbeat if the situation presented itself. But she needed Fennec able and strong enough to run out in search of herbs if needed, more than she needed her to be a strong fighter, presently.
Messages In This Thread
Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by Fennec - January 03, 2021, 09:57 PM
RE: Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by Fennec - January 03, 2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by Fennec - January 03, 2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by RIP Niamh - January 03, 2021, 11:57 PM
RE: Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by Fennec - January 04, 2021, 12:21 AM
RE: Than lying at the sharp end of this knife - by Fennec - January 05, 2021, 12:44 AM