Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Each wolf had their own story revolving around their heads; Laurel that of men, and how they were the same, how they would take and take and never give back. Of how it seemed that he was different, but she could not truly trust in him. Of how she needed to know for certain whether he could be trusted, because he was her leader and if the answer was 'no', then all she could do was either convince the women of the pack to get rid of him or, the likelier option, to move on to a different place once more. She wanted to outcome to be positive, though.

His story, she could not even guess the depth of it if she had been open to trying. But of course, Laurel being Laurel, she did not see any of it. She only saw the gentle interest in nature and the way that he seemed to genuinely care for his wolves and this place, not all of the pain that was hidden behind that. Just as how she showed only a fraction of the pain that was hidden behind her own gently trembling words and fragility.

The role of the perfect fragile flower, the woman that men wanted, because she was too afraid to be Laurel anymore.

He invited her to come along to eat something, and Laurel was torn, uncertain which would be the answer that he wanted her to give. She felt fairly comfortable considering both of them had shared some of their past, considering he'd known Piper, and she had been unhurt when Laurel last saw her, after her time in Sagtannet. There were many reasons to trust him, but all the same, being around him — this man — cost her a lot of energy, and the prospect of food reminded her of that. Of the fact that he was a man. Of the fact that him bringing her food could be seen as a sign of something other than just kindness, just a leader taking care of its wolves. Even if she would hunt, too.

She shook her head in the end as she tensed up. No, thank you, she said, I think I'll explore the territory a bit more. Laurel offered a kind, somewhat apologetic smile that was meant to be disarming. She shifted her weight slightly as he got up to leave, but she didn't instantly leave herself, deciding to sit here and watch the lake for a bit longer before eventually getting to the promise of exploration.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - April 02, 2021, 06:07 AM