Hideaway Strath It's all so incredibly loud
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Private 
@Kynareth Deagon
set for late evening, let's say 30F

Sleeping was practically impossible at this point; she was huge and she never felt comfortable. If she lay down for too long, she felt like she couldn't breath, and if she did too much, she was nauseous and tired easily. So she had given up trying to continue her daily activities; she patrolled far less often and hunted barely at all over the last week. Nights were her favorite part of the day because they were still cold and she seemed to find a few hours every night free of the almost constant nausea. 

And since her stomach had finally settled this evening, she found something to eat in one of the caches because she knew the relief wouldn't last forever. She brought her meal to her spot under the willow trees next to the creek. It was where she could be found most of the time. The leaves were dead and brown, but the branches still drooped to the ground around her, and there was just something that she liked about it. 

She managed to eat most of what she brought, and the remains sat nearby as she sat near the edge of the water and watched it trickle by in front of her. The light from the moon did interesting things as it hit the moving water, and she couldn't help but watch it.
Inuttuk
Common
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s been looking all over for his beautiful wife. Wondering, if she’s not in the den, where she could be. He wants her attention tonight, like he does all the time, but tonight he’s feeling especially needy. She’s been getting bigger and bigger and he wonders when she’s going to pop. It unnerves him and he’s found himself sticking to her side more often than not. Even going as far as to not go on as many patrols as he usually does. He worries for her when she becomes nauseous and he tries to bring her fresh kill as often as he’s able to find it, if she’s even able to eat.

So after he’d checked the den and not finding her there, he decides to look elsewhere. He doesn’t want to howl for her and startle the rest of the pack, so he’s stuck with wandering around their land to find her. When he finds her though, he feels his heart swell uncontrollably at the sight of her lying beneath the naked willow tree. The moonlight makes her fur glow beautifully and he stands there just watching her for a moment, smiling like a love struck idiot. 

Finally he approaches her and his footfalls gently on the ground. “My love,” He greets smoothly. Moving up to her and nuzzling her head with some generous licks to her snout. “You’re looking beautiful tonight. As always.” Then he steps back to just look at her and he’s moving to poke her distended belly with his nose before plopping down beside her and resting his head gently on the swell of her stomach. 

His ears shift against her and his face brightens. “I can feel them moving, Simmik.” He sounds excited, his eyes filling with love and adoration. He just looks so domestic compared to how vigorous he is in battle. He likes it here with her, he’d give anything to keep what he has.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She was never on her own for very long—wherever she was, her husband would always find her. Simmik didn't mind. She liked being the sole focus of his attention, she liked how much he seemed to need to be around her. She was terrified that one day, he might not look at her like she was the only thing that mattered to him. It was probably irrational, but that didn't make her any less fearful of it. He certainly made it hard to stay mad at him, and as the children grew inside her, she found it almost impossible to be mad at him at all. 

So when the breeze brought her his scent, she couldn't help but smile. She knew he would find her eventually, and she was glad he hadn't taken too long. She turned as he spoke and returned his smile with her own reverent one. She chuckled softly when he told her she looked beautiful and leaned into his affection. She drew in his scent, glad it never seemed to turn her stomach. 

He collapsed to the ground next to her before resting his head on her round belly. It felt nice right there in that moment, and her eyes drifted closed. She might actually be able to sleep a little after all. A familiar jolt in her stomach had her eyes snapping open; they met Ky's own surprised gaze. They do that a lot at night, she told him. Especially when you're around; I think they like your voice. She chuckled a little with her last words, clearly very amused with it all. That was her theory, anyway. Already, she was getting a glimpse of personality from the pups—it made her even more excited to meet them and watch them grow up. And ky seemed just as excited about them, which filled her heart with even more love for him. The look on his face was almost more than she could bear. They have to be due soon, she told him softly. I don't think I have anymore room in there anyway. She couldn't possibly get any bigger.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He loves the way she leans into his touch like she can’t get enough of him. ‘Cause he sure as hell can’t get enough of her. He’s completely and hopelessly obsessed and it shows in his loving gaze when he’s leaning his massive head on her swollen belly. He can feel the little buggars moving around and it freaks him out as much as it makes him happy. 

They do that a lot at night. She says and Kyn thinks what it would be like to be her. He’s quickly thinking how lucky he is to not be the one having the pups. For weeks he’s tended to her, she’s been throwing up, and feeling nauseous almost 24/7. He honestly feels bad, but he knows when the little guys (or girls) are born it would be worth it. Then a new hell would enter their life. A good hell if that’s such a thing. He knows he’s going to tear his fur out trying to keep his children in check and train them as much as possible. He’s going to be a busy father he’s sure. Busy, but so ungodly happy, no doubt.

He feels another one kick and he can’t help but swoon when Simmik mentions the pups liking his voice. It makes him feel warm inside and he’s dying to meet them. He wants to know what genders they are, wants to see what they’re going to look like. So it makes him curious as to what Simmik thinks too.

The brindle giant’s golden eyes look up to her softly where he lies on her stomach. “I hope they come out soon.” He hums hopefully. “What do you think they’ll be? Boys? Girls? What do you think they’ll look like?” He has no idea himself but he wonders how often she’s thought about it.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
When he looked up from where he lovingly admired her belly, she had already been staring at him with her own adoration. She loved seeing him so smitten with their children, and she loved how helpful he had been during her pregnancy. It was a side of him she had never seen before, and she would never get tired of it. Because she could never resist the urge to worship him with her affection, she reached over dealt soft kisses to his cheek before nuzzling her nose against the same spot. When she pulled back, she finally answered his questions. Hmm, I don't know. I've imagined them all big and strong like you, she admitted with a shy smile. I've been wondering if they are boys or girls too, she told him next, then she offered a small shrug of her slender shoulders. There has to be a few in there, so maybe we'll have both sons and daughters. Like him, she had thought a lot about what they would be like and how they would look; it made the wait to meet them almost torturous, especially as it became apparent that they would likely meet them soon. I hope they come soon, too, she told him. I don't know how much bigger I can get, and I want to see them and make sure they're healthy. She hadn't confided in anyone much about her fears regarding the birth, but they filled her mind often. She was afraid she would fail them and Ky and not bring them into the world safely because she had no idea how to do any of it. 

She kissed his cheek again and instead of weighing down the moment with her worries, she continued with a much happier subject. What would you prefer they be? she asked quietly as she rested her head on her paws and gazed over at him. She didn't know if he would care or not, but she was very interested in his answer.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He loves the affection Simmik showers on him. Truly it’s his favorite thing in the world and he’d be at a loss if she ever decided to stop giving it to him. He’d go down kicking and screaming like a little pup himself. He’d win her back eventually though. He always does. So when she pulls back from nuzzling him she goes on about their pups. Admitting that she too has wondered of their genders and what they’d look like. Something that has been plaguing his mind since Arlette confirmed her pregnancy. 

Kyn can’t help but laugh smoothly at her words. “I want them to come out soon too, but you look beautiful like this as well.” He hums the compliment softly as his coingold eyes peer up at her. 

Then he really has to think. What gender has he been wanting them to be? Of course he wants boys. He can’t handle a daughter. He’d kill the first boy that even sniffed in her direction. He’d rather his boys grow up strong too, train them to fight just like him.

So finally he mutters out his answer. “I want boys, my love.” Then he laughs. “I would stress out too much with a girl.” He admits with a chuckle and a guilty ‘You know what I mean’ look. It’s men like Donovan himself that makes him not want a girl.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She couldn't help but smile at his compliment; it warmed her blood and made her reach over to nuzzle his neck and deliver soft kisses to his jaw. She felt like a literal planet, so it was nice to hear him say he thought differently. 

He told her he thought daughters would stress him out—that he wanted sons. Simmik smiled again and met his gaze. I think any daughter of ours would be just as deadly as she would be beautiful, she assured him. Of course, he would stress no matter what, she was sure. But I would also love sons. They would be strong like you. She could just imagine it now—she thought of it often, her mind drifting into lovely daydreams about their beautiful children running and playing. I would like to have both, she told him. But mostly I will just be happy when they're all here and alive. The daunting task of labor hung darkly over her head, and she worried she wouldn't be strong enough to deliver their children without incident. I hope I am strong enough to bring them here safely. She whispered her greatest fear into the fur of his neck where she had hidden her face.
Inuttuk
Common