Redsand Canyon what it takes to be a soldier
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
Private 
To be a soldier, practice must be held before purpose can be obtained. None gain strength or experience overnight. Training and a hand in many battles are required. He'd had his share of squabbles, but as for training? Until now, none had ever been around for such an activity.

If to be under the superiority of the Grandmaster properly, two things would need to occur:

One; he would need to find an ultimate respect for that whom he followed. Since their first impression, Xynos has some regard for Nyra, but the two knew little of each other. The more they grew alongside each other as packmates, the more a mutual respect would bloom.

Two; he needed to make sure that his liege knew what he was capable of. No master of war can seek promise by sending soldiers into the fray of battle without knowing they are first able to hold their own and have a higher probability of ending with a triumph. Xynos had claimed he knew the ways of war, but the woman knew not of whether this claim was true.

Today would be his first to accomplish these goals. Upon the flats of the canyon, he called for @Nyra to join him. Whether they chose to spar or to speak would be unknown until she arrived, but, he had hopes that he would benefit from either nonetheless.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been taking a small break lol

The Grandmaster was patrolling, as was the usual. 
Nyra looked to the sky, it was almost time to move everyone to the Vale. 

In the midst of her thoughts, she heard the call for her, and took off at a brisk trot to meet Xynos.

It took about ten, fifteen minutes before she arrived, slowing beside the dark man with a chuff.
"You called?" She inquired, gaze inquisitive.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
No worries ^^

The time waiting was meekly spent, but passed quickly by the train of thoughts whirring through his head.

Nyra arrived and he stood upon her chuff, nodding his head to show some form of respect.

I did, He replied, tail swatting against his hind limb to scare off the insects roaming there.

S'pose perhaps you don't see it in this way, but I would prefer not being a stranger to a wolf I've chosen to blindly follow, trust, and give my full respect to. We know little of each other... little of capabilities aside from our own vouchers.

Xynos eyed the woman steadily as he spoke; his attempt to "read" her. Did she understand what he was implying? Would she resent him for it, or would she applaud him for having such the mindset?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra swayed her tail slowly as he spoke. 
A small hum in thought, as she considered Xynos' words. He was correct, and she knew this much, at the very least. 

An approving nod, then. 
"You have a point, Xynos." Nyra mused, "Would you be open to sparring?"
Her gaze leveled to his face, inquisitive.
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
So she would agree. 

Upon the inquiry, a faint chuckle then emerged. The mention itself was amusing.

When is there a time I am not? After all, isn't it our duty to be prepared to fight at any moment?

It wasn't as much of a serious response, but there was truth to it. Like he'd said, he was always prepared. Though, in this case, it would be a bit different. Here Xynos would need to tone his skills, as the purpose of a spar was not to force triumph, but practice skill.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled softly.
"Agreed." 

With that, the Grandmaster would back off a few steps and take a stance, head level with her shoulders and body poised.

Assuming Xynos did the same, Nyra gave a small nod as a nonverbal grant for him to move first.
Health (100/100)