This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
@Sir, set for around early morning, low tide

Nyra had decided to patrol the mainlands again today, and crossed the land bridge that connected the Islands to the shores at dawn. 

Sniffing and scent-marking along the sands and into the forestry to her right, the Warmaiden didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary. 

She simply carried on, ears and eyes on alert like they always were.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
3 Posts
Ooc — Lizz
Let's get this party started! I'm not too sure on what this site's policy on tagging is, so I'll just tag you @Nyra just in case for now~~

There was a stranger around these parts, and she went by the name of Sir.

She appeared on the horizon at dawn. Aimlessly straddling the line between water and earth. Shaggy fur ruffled in the wind. Eyes casted down in thoughtful contemplation. She was a loner, an outcast not by choice, who wandered the world in search of a job. So far, she had no luck.

The pale she-wolf was knocked out of her thoughts by a new smell in the air. A scent mark. Very fresh. Sir's eyes slowly travelled upwards, and that was when she saw her: a behemoth of a wolf patrolling the Sound, covered in scars old and new. The source of the markings, she assumed, and a very ferocious-looking one indeed. Her imaginary gears started to turn. It had been months since she last saw a living face— does she pursue the bear-wolf, or turn away and never come back?

Sir chose the third option: staying put where she was, but calling out to alert the female's attention. It seemed safest not to cross her boundaries— literally. With a tentative howl, the mercenary cried out: Hello? Do you rule these parts?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra looked up as a tentative call came her way. 
The figure looked masculine, but from the scent wafting across the wind this wolf was female...? 

No matter.
Nyra prowled a bit closer, watching Sir and the terrain behind them for other wolves. 

Nyra is a wanted wolf after all.

"Not yet." She replied with the ghost of a grin. 
Nyra didn't have the necessary numbers yet to try and stake a claim for her own empire here.
And fate had plans to sow before something like that even happened.
Health (100/100)
3 Posts
Ooc — Lizz
So the bear-wolf wasn't a trick of her imagination after all. The behemoth of a female stalked towards Sir, and she was suddenly aware of how small she was compared to her. Still, she kept her body still and level, though her ears flicked back when Nyra looked behind her just to check if anyone was there. Nothing. Perhaps the stranger was simply a cautious one.

"Not yet." Her voice was gruff yet feminine (suiting, she supposed). But now she was done speaking, and Sir was left to decide how to respond. Back when she was in a pack, her attitude switched between two extremes: obedient bootlicking towards the alpha and their cohort, and snarky assholery towards everyone else. Now that she was a loner, she didn't quite know if the status quo held up. Still, it was probably best to treat the she-wolf with respect— those scars told a story, and Sir didn't want to end up just another tally mark on her coat.

She spoke: My name is Sir. A pause, then, female, she added. She heard the teases about her peculiar name too many times before to not specify beforehand. If she weren't so attached to it already, she would've changed it to something more feminine a long time ago.

I'm new around here, Sir continued, came looking for work. My birth pack taught me to fight, and I'm willing to for shelter. Do you know of any employers around?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra's ears perked as the stranger introduced themselves. 
Sir.
Nyra continued to listen, and jumped upon the opportunity to recruit.
Would @The Listener be pleased with this?

"The pack I come from, perhaps. But if you're interested, I'll have to call my superior." She offered.
The druids needed more numbers anyway. And so did Nyra, if she was to eventually found a pack of her own...
Health (100/100)
3 Posts
Ooc — Lizz
Sir's eyes widened at the word "superior," though it was quickly masked by her stoicism again. She only knew packs as a measure of strength, and if this bear-woman was subservient to someone else, that surely meant the alpha was powerful beyond imagination. The ideal general.

Yes, she said, a little too quickly. Sir backed up and tried again. Ahem, yes, I am interested. She looked around the surrounding landscape. Nothing but beach, trees, and a couple islands off in the distance. I presume your camp is somewhere around here. Is your superior nearby, or should we come to them?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled softly at the quick response, the clearing of throat and so on.
"We'll see if she or the Keeper comes." Nyra rumbled, throwing her head back to call for @The Listener or @Ingram , or even @Morgana to come to the mainland to sus out if this soldier was a worthy one to spend time on.

Who would show? Or would they?
Health (100/100)
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the listener appeared within minutes of the summons, her stark black-robed silhouette looming until, quite suddenly, she was upon the pair. the glisterqueen stood regal upon the shoreline, in the company of one unfamiliar to the prophet.

the dark priestess stood silent and expectant, her gaze calculating as it swept over the newcomer.

short & crappy one to get in here <333