Hideaway Strath I was nineteen in a white dress
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
All Welcome 

Mainly looking for Arashi, but anyone else from The Saints is welcome to join in as well!

What an awkward time this would be. That was the only thought running across Tsunari's mind when imagining the reunion of her and her brother, @Arashi.
Sure, maybe there should have been some form of excitement or even a bit of nerves strangling the lungs at her core. There were none of those things. She'd been the one who left years ago without even a word of goodbye. He'd been too wrapped up in the schemes of their father and hardly ever paid mind to her as it was. But now she'd be waltzing in unannounced. How would he take it?
The wilds were spread far, but the scent was unmistakable. Tsunari found it mixed with others. He wasn't alone.
Who would Arashi have gotten himself in with anyway? As an adolescent, he wasn't really the sociable type. Maybe he just stuck around for the heck of it. Regardless, she'd find out soon enough.
Once upon the marker stretched across the obvious border, the woman roused her vocals and raised a call for her brother, hoping he was still here and hadn't left the day prior.
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Have some Adlartok until her brother comes :)

Artok was out taking in the day. He had circled on some of the borders, and he had filled the caches a little. Now he was basking in the little rays of sun, but was roused as a lone howl filled the sky, and the silence.

Artok stood and stretched his shoulder tight. He began a shuffling gait, that turned into a heavy pawed lope, his one shoulder pronounced an ungainly limp in his stride. However, he moved quickly, and without thought, intent to get where he was going. Before he reached the border, he slowed his shuffling to a more languid pace, his body neutral completely. His limp still there, but he had owned it long ago.

The she wolf at the borders had called for Arashi, but she looked nothing like him. So he wondered at her knowledge of the general.

Hello.

He blinked at her. She had called for Arashi, but he wasn't going to make it that easy, as far as he was concerned she was still an intruder, despite that she hadn't crossed the border, and he would treat her as thus until he heard otherwise. But he wouldn't be cruel about it, merely wary.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A man came to heed her summons, but he was not who she had called for.
"Hello." The stranger's form of greeting. No, "Who are you?" or "Why are you here?" These wolves were surely different.
You are of these lands, I take it? Tsunari questioned with a barren eye. 
Does Arashi Tsukumo still inhabit this place? His scent wanders, but it was last here.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing
Adlartok chose not to be an asshole, but that could change. She had called for Arashi so she knew someone here.

I am he had to bite his tongue from saying obviously. Because he was in the damn pack lands.

Her next question drew him pause. what need do you have of him? 

he was immediately put on alert. She didn't know if Arashi had been here. And enemies were encroaching.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

It was so soon and already she'd lost taste for this man. Short, sharp-tongued responses and a snarky attitude. Men like this would not pass in her past time.
Tsunari was tempted to refuse obliging to the inquiry, but doing so would get her nowhere. She needed to see Arashi, and soon. If you must know, She began, a small, audible huff indicating the annoyance and displeasure of her tone. Arashi is of my kin — my elder brother. I am here to see him. That was all the border warden would get. If he questioned her further, a fit of rage would surely follow.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

This was exactly why Adlartok had stayed alone for so many years. The small talk, the drivel. Unless he liked you and you could get past that hard outer shell, he was absolutely an asshole. He had no time, for pointless excursions and visitors. He had tried for Warden once upon a time, almost had it, but now he was absolutely certain that his piss poor attitude and his fuck you tone, was going to cause him serious issues.

Artok shifted at her tone, and felt like smirking. Good he was getting under her skin as much as she was getting under his, however he was a pack mate, and he was trying to not make enemies. So he kept his face and body neutral.

I'm afraid I can't let you in, but I can either howl again, or go further in and bring him to you. He is a very busy wolf. 

Artok swallowed the bile that rose in his throat. He was already over this whole warden, be nice thing. But he was trying, lord was he trying.

I am fine with a scuffle if you'd like one if Artok is too much of a jerkface
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Tsunari scoffed, soon finding she held some form of pity for the man. How exhausting it must have been for him to act like the rear of a filthy swine, always excreting droplets of absolute bullshit all day long.
At least you have the decency to use your words, The woman drawled, lips curling with an impatient snare.
If he is so busy, then take me to whoever your Meishu is. I want to see just who it is my brother has fallen at the heel. For as long as she could remember, her brother had never been keen, nor eager to fall in line with another. He was a solo runner and always had been. But time had passed. Had he really changed so much since she last him?
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

Her words this time did cause Artok to smirk. Sometimes, words are nothing but shit. He shifted again, He was done being nice now. His attitude was gonna come out, the mouth that Miss. Scarlett hated. He was over it. Perhaps Warden was not for him. Maybe he should stay a hunter, or a warrior. Not try and greet anyone at the borders. He clearly didn't have the tempermant for it.

The part of Artok that always craved knowledge perked up at her words. He lifted his ears forward, one quivering. Is Meishu leader? He was genuinely curious. It had been some time since anyone had anything to teach him, and most of what he did know he had learned from trial and error and observing.

His smirk broadened further. Perhaps he could like this wolf, a little. He liked how she didn't mince words. That would be @fury. He lifted his head back with a howl for Fury. He wasn't certain she would come with whelps to take care of, but he could offer this small favor. It was his job anyway.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Popping in a tag for Fury since Adlartok's did not tag properly

So. The man did have a second side. One that sought answers and knowledge, maybe even power or birthright. If he had any, even.
Yes. She answered briskly, fur a bit prickled by the change in behavior that was now before her. In my tongue, Meishu is the general term for a leader. But there are different types, thus, different titles to remember.
He spoke then the name of they who Arashi served. @Fury was their name. Now, Tsunari had something to be somewhat excited over. Screw the nerves. 
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
oop thank you :) I didn't catch it.

If she had asked if he had a birthright, Artok would have laughed his ass off. He had nothing and no one, a crumbling pile of ash, and bile and broken promises and open wounds, open and festering, and yet closed and scarred. He had, had no one in a long time, and he had never had anything, even with his uncle. He had been a means to an end.

So like a beta versus alpha, would have different titles in your language like ours. Or different alpha leaders? 

Artok couldn't no more hide his inquisitive nature than he could hide his asinine one. He had alwalys liked to learn, had always fought to be more intelligent than others around him. He hadn't always succeeded, but he had tried.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

He wanted to learn. So be it.
Tail tip twitching, she shook her head. We do not have simply one pack with a reigning "Alpha". There are family clans, governed by the Ienaga, the patriarch. Then there are sometimes non-blood clans. I come from one of Bushi, samurai. Or, in your tongue, warriors. We train vigorously to execute, defend, and learn the ways of espionage and infiltration. Some Bushi clans are led differently, but most hold the same objectives and standards.
By the time she'd finally shut her mouth, Tsunari became conscious and curious. Had this bored him? In her defense, he had requested to know more. But was it all too much?
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok's ears stood to attention, as he listened to her explain. That explained her brother, a little better. His obviously brutish nature, though Artok really couldn't talk. He was probably as much of a hard ass as her brother in certain areas. They certainly had butted heads, as soon as they had met.

Are non-blood clans treated as fairly as blood clans or are they ostracized? He wondered if it was like some of the places he had been, where there were true battles fought over who belonged where and what clan, and those that were not of blood, were usually treated poorly, if not hunted and killed.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

His assumption puzzled her. How did he find that either blood or non-blood would be equivalent to means of fairness?
There is no sense of fair treatment for anyone... A second shake of the head. All are born into a family clan. This is a blood clan, therefore there are laws to abide, set by the Ienaga. Failure to comply with these laws may get expelled from the family. As for a Bushi clan, they are extensions of a family clan, mostly. Those that do not follow a bloodline will have their own laws. Neither form are treated different than the other.
Would he understand this now, she wondered?
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
He listened and frowned, his thoughts racing as he tried to remember the different packs, the different wolves. All were different. So many all around. So many rules and traditions. There were vikings, plunder, rape, pillage. Those who worshipped deities of forest and sky, who had regular sacrifices.

I have traveled all around. I have seen many things. I have seen wolves killed for not sharing the same blood. I have seen other wolves who were not of certain clans, chased, enslaved and murdered, some tortured. That is why I asked.

He blinked as he ran through what she said again. Pausing on certain information to turn it over and think on in his head.

Your clans sound a bit kinder to outsiders than most. Though still driven by their rules.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

This wolf had seen many versions of reality, that of which separated them in such way. Tsunari had known only her world. Maybe that was why she'd been so hesitant to leave and start anew. But this was what she had been trained for. This was the assignment her Shujin had given. And so she would accomplish this first, above all other things.
The she wolf thought it was funny, really, that the man would assume this had all meant the clans were kinder. No, that is not the case. There may be a divine line between how you perceive things outside... but if you spent time in one of these clans, you would think differently. There are not just rules, but oaths; oaths of life servitude. If you pledge yourself to a non-blood clan and try to leave, you will be considered a traitor and likely be killed. If not executed on the spot, they will send their hunters to find you and finish the job. That was only one of the worst things.
Having children is not the most ideal thing for females wanting to be mothers. Once the children are born, they are property of the clan, not the parents that produced. If a mother or father attempts to fight for their children or hide them away, the whelps will be left to the fate of the river.
Back to what he'd mentioned before. There is no such thing as fairness in most aspects of life. Everyone has lines they cannot cross and punishments if they do. Some choose the harsher bounds, while other pursue those with less life-threatening means. Regardless, there is always some freedom to be stripped away. Some receiving more than others.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok had never been a settler, the closest he had ever come was years and years ago, when he was merely a pup and he settled into life with Wintersun, but then that came to a bruising and harsh halt. He was taught another lesson, that nothing was permanent, and things and wolves changed on whim. 

He listened again, her words falling on keen ears. He liked listening to her story of her people, despite that her people were as he first thought, and not as kind as he had assumed. So slavery, death and torture, just like all the others. He dipped his muzzle thinking, the thoughts going round and round. Clicking into place, pulling forth memories he had forgotten of other clans, similar clans, and some worse, yes some worse. As for the pups, he wasn't sure how he felt about that. Having never had any, or at least none that he knew about at any rate. He wasn't sure how he would take someone else owning his children. But if they were raised that way, would they really know anything different.

A cold, humorless smile took place on Artok's face and he looked at the woman boldly only for a moment as he spoke, his voice heavy with a truth of his own. I know all about life being fucking unfair. Of that you can be certain.

He turned his gaze away again so as to not overly challenge her. He hadn't meant anything by his words either. It was just his truth. It was clear life was unfair in the scars he wore across his face, in the permanent limp, in the other scars that had taken residence where his unfairness had won out, and the tightened muscles slowed him down. Perhaps this girls brother was right, perhaps he wasn't worth much of anything, and could be no help, but he would die before he'd admit it.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury is finally here! Sorry for possible post shortness <3

Fury initially heard the original call at her borders.
The children were being particularly fussy today though, so the Warqueen had to take some several minutes to calm them before she was able to come. 

The second call was from Adlartok. She knew his voice by now, and picked up her pace to get to his location faster. 

It still took some time, but eventually Fury saw Adlartok up ahead, along with another. Must be the one who originally called.

The Warchief slowed and came to an easy halt beside the Private, tail flagged high as an eternal signal of her status. 

"I am Fury, Warchief and leader of the Saints." She introduced, leveling her fiery-amber stare at the woman on their doorstep. The gaze from the massive queen was inquisitive.
"How may I help you?" She added, glancing once at Adlartok and back to the girl.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Hello :D no worries about shortness. I think I went out of posting order there. Sorry guys :(

Artok averted his eyes and shifted his tail, though he did offer Fury a smile. He dipped his muzzle to the femme in front, and he shifted and took up a position nearby. Listening, watching, but no longer engaging. It was the war queen's domain now and her words that needed said. 

He didn't offer an introduction, knowing that his WarChief preferred wolves to speak for themselves, than someone to speak for them. At least that had been his initial contact with her.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Just like all the others."
Was this truly how all packs were? Had life been reduced to something so simple, yet cruel? Being not naive and inexperienced, Ari knew all too well that power reigned above most desires. But was it power that led to this? Or was it something else entirely...
Thoughts interrupted, a stern, intent gaze traveled to their newest of company. A pale woman, tall and manged. She'd been through hell in life, by the looks of it. Then by her demeanor, it was easy to tell just who she was to these lands. There was no way other than to respect that.
I am Tsunari, She offered politely, but with no softness in tone. Arashi, who has come to be one of your own I take it, is my brother. Him and I have been separated for quite some time. You find my presence on your land because of this information I share. It is him I have come to see. A sharp eye then flickered to the man who had moved nearby. Your [hover=warden]Kanshi-in would not allow me to see him without first going through you. Though, I suppose such is to be expected.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury looked upon the Samurai patiently as she introduced and explained herself.
Arashi had a sister, then.

The Warchief gave an approving glance to Adlartok once Tsunari looked to him. 
Well done, on his part.

"@Arashi is my husband and General." Fury decided to reveal.
It was information she supposed would be important for Tsunari to know. That her brother was an important figure in the pack.

"As for not letting you in without speaking to me first, please don't take it personal. Nobody comes in the valley without me knowing about it." She laughed softly. There was humor, there, and no intentional malevolence. 
With that said, Fury would lift her head and call for her Husband.
Someone is here to see you.

Maybe it was mild paranoia that made Fury keep Tsunari at the border with them, but she felt it was better to be safe than sorry until there was a guarantee Tsunari was truly not an enemy.
Health (100/100)
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Adlartok dipped his muzzle to both Fury and Tsunari. Well met Ms. Tsunari. I will take my leave.

He bowed his head to Fury. Warchief. I plan to go fill some caches. He had no more to add to the conversation, so he would take his leave and go fill the caches. He turned and began to limp back into the pack grounds, nose to the ground. He would be more useful elsewhere.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

After hearing the white woman's words, Tsunari then knew her big brother had grown quite more comfortable here than she would have taken him granted for. Maybe a little too comfortable. 
General.
Husband.
The latter struck her the most. Arashi had never been the lovey dovey type. But, maybe with her he didn't have to be. Both were of samurai blood, clearly. If anything, they were a perfect match. Still, it was something that would take a bit of time to get used to.
Tsunari decided against commenting on the news that had been shared, simply remaining silent. It was a topic they could return to later. Adlartok then said his goodbyes and she offered a small nod in acknowledgement, refocusing her attention upon Fury, the Warchief.
It is good that are wary. I would expect nothing less from my brother, or his wife. The title left a bitter taste where it had been spewed. A wife. His brother... married. It would definitely take time to settle. 
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

From where he traipsed along the farthest edge of the Strath, the hound heard his wife call to him.

Someone's here to see you.

Immediately he was stricken by confusion. Who in the hell would be here to see him? There was no one left. Or was there... ?

Despite his confusion and doubts, Arashi would come to her nonetheless. 

Finalizing the last marking, dust kicked high as the man hauled ass to where her call had come from. He arrived upon the sight of two, just as expected. First, his attention fell upon Fury. The man drew along her flank, sliding his muzzle across her own as a silent, affectionate "Hello.". There is where he remained standing, posing himself defensively beside his wife.

Then onto the stranger.

Who are you? The hound demanded, likely repeating a question that had already been asked. But he hadn't been here when it was last answered, so he would ask again.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Possible short post?

Fury fought the urge to frown at the bitterness Tsunari added to the title wife. 
She remained impassive though, and soon enough Arashi arrived at her side, giving her a brief nuzzle before it was back to business. 

Fury would remain silent to allow Tsunari room to speak for herself in the presence of the one she claimed to be related to.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

There was no time to welcome a reaction or response. Arashi had come too quickly, but only to the white woman's call. Not to her own. Had he forgotten completely?
If so, perhaps it was best to drag a memory from their childhood. Maybe then he would remember. A title he'd been called by both their little and parents. Sandā, She drawled, faint of fury that he acted he knew not who she was. It has been a few years, but I didn't not expect you to entirely shove me from your memory. Tsunari fought back a snarl, wanting to lunge at his throat. But not here; not in the presence of someone who would jump in to defend him. With two beasts, even with her experience, she was bound to lose.
So. You've been here all this time? Changing the subject would release some tension, from both sides. It was time to figure out how the two had drifted so far apart. She'd meant to find him not long after she'd left their clan, but she never expected Arashi to have left by his own accord.