Herbalists' Cache dove diving
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Trade 

She should not wander, now was such a terrible time to turn away from Natigvik.

There was a pull that tugged at her in the absence of Kigipigak. The freeness of the taiga reminded her of how life had once been. She drifted to and fro, no concern in the world.

But how could she abandon everything for one upset? It was not forever, she told herself. He would return. He promised. Her heart only hurt in a way it never had before. She had never had an interest in doing this alone, but now she must. A strong Issumatar, without her defender.

Her thoughts briefly fell away as she examined an odd clutch of mushrooms on a log.

She thought of her mother in the silent moments.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar was troubled as well. He didn't let his worries affect his interactions amongst the Rise, but when he was alone and gathering he could take the moment to linger on them.

This hollow was a good place to collect certain plants that did not grow in the less lush expanses of home. He plucked a particular sprig, humming absently to himself, when he heard the telltale sign of another nearby. He ceased his humming and his ear rotated as he curiously listened.

Were they here for the same reason? Ashlar left his plants where he could find them and went to find out. He didn't wish to disturb them, but it would be better to let them know he meant them no harm.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
A soft rustle.

Too big to be a hare or bird, not the pattern of a passing deer or even a scuttling fox. Her head lifted away from the mushrooms and in the lush summer flora, she saw a moving shadow.

She pulled a strong stance, but rumbled a careful note in her throat. Wordlessly invited them closer so that she might see them fully and know what to make of them.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He'd spooked her a bit. Ashlar could tell in the way she responded and, when he stepped out, he kept his head apologetically low. He gave her a small smile, equally chagrined, before looking down once more.

S...I'm sorry. I was just, um, collecting. Herbs and.... I'm Ash - Ashlar. He stumbled more than he had recently, and his ears burned with slight embarrassment. He should have taken his time more to introduce himself properly. He hoped they didn't mind.

He wondered if she was here for similar reasons, or simply passing through? The plants she was looking at... they weren't ones he knew. Some mushrooms could be poison, some food, but Baba hadn't had the time to show him the less important healing. He still needed to approach Arielle, but motherhood kept her busy.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
He was bigger than her, but he was not some sort of hulking beast of muscle and stone.

Instead she felt she could see herself in him — or perhaps a shred of who she used to be. Skittish, and apologetic.

You're okay. She sought to soothe but understood that it was not always that easy. I'm Sakhmet. Maybe you could help me, Ashlar...I've found myself recently in need of herbs too. An impromptu medic.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar perked up some, instinctively, when she said she was in need of a medic. She didn't look injured, which would have caused more immediate concern. Instead it seemed she simply might need his help. He would be happy to, if he was able!

But then the bard quailed a bit. Would he be able to? I'm... um, I'm not very... I don't know everything. Or much. But if I can help, I want to. His face heated beneath his pelt. She was nice and there was no reason to feel intimidated, but he felt more on the spot than he generally would at the Rise. There he knew Avicus was aware of his limitations, but here a stranger would call him a medic. He was barely a medic in training in his own mind, with leagues to learn and a number of personal failures already accumulated.