Stone Circle Third times the charm?
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Joining 
@Gunnar, @Taktuq. Also all welcome!

After lingering in the east for weeks on end, living alone, Malila had made a choice. To end her solitary life and try to start fresh in a pack once more. This was the third time she had returned to the Teekons, after some absence. This time she hoped to stay. She was born in this land, beyond the mountains that lay to the west. 

It was not in her nature to be alone, despite her track record of never fitting in before. She would give it one more try at making it work. The two dark wolves she had hunted with earlier had been decent company. But she parted ways with them, grateful for their assistance. She would be sticking around, and could easily be tracked down should they wish to find her again.

The meadow got her attention. Not solely because of the assorted standing stones in the distance. But also because of the scent of pack borders. She inspected the area curiously, if not a little timidly. Much to her surprise, there was a distantly familiar scent there. That of @Tauris. The earthy gray she wolf, who had shown her generosity on her first reappearance in the area. A gruff sort of woman, but one that Malila liked. She wondered if she would remember her. Wondered how she was getting on, settled here as part of a pack.

With nothing to lose, Malila tipped her head back and howled, to unravel her curiosity.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq heeded the call. It was friendlier than Bjorn’s had been — curious, even — but she approached with equal haste. The trial against Germanicus still has her reeling, reliving all that had swarmed about them like a storm.

The gathering. The accusations. Germanicus’ silent resolve. Moss falling,

falling
     falling

Hallo, she called herself back into the present to address the stranger before her. A pretty girl, like a little mountain dusted with snow. She had never seen anything quite like her, and she might have marvelled further, if not for her eyes —

— her eyes —

Gold and blue. Gold and blue.

The witch, her skin bristled, but no, she had not — could not be. How could snowy whites be mistaken for dark ink?

Taktuq realized she had been staring, and shook herself — though she herself remained shaken. You’ve come to Kvarsheim, lost one, she said, pushing through suspicion to take hold of reason again. She would not be overcome. I am Taktuq, Modir of the Standing Stones. And you…?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the call and following the trajectory. He got there a little after Taktuq. Happy to let her tale the lead. He simply stood near her and studied the girl with his steel eyes.

I'm gunnar. It was all he offered then he'd wait for the she wolf to answer. There was much going on right now. But they could still present a decent face to those at their borders.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Soon, someone arrived to answer her call. A beautiful woman bearing a striking silver coat. She initially seemed friendly, but then bristled slightly. Malila was surprised, unsure of what could have triggered such a reaction. A slight shift of her hind leg and a lowering of her body signaled she was ready to retreat.

But thankfully, the wolf was quick to relax again, and so did she. The yellow and blue eyed loner hardly posed a threat to anyone. She announced that she was at the borders of a pack called Kvarsheim, referring to herself as Taktuq. Malila managed a slight, soft smile and opened her mouth to speak.

Then, materializing by Taktuq's side, was another wolf. A male, considerably older than her, with grey eyes. Gunnar. She dipped her head to them both. "I am Malila. I have been lingering in the Valley for some time." She paused, mismatched eyes flicking between them. "If I may ask, does a wolf by the name of Tauris reside here? I thought I recognized her scent..."
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She leaned into the floodgates holding back her mistrust. Apart from her eyes this wolf looked nothing like the witch — both those little similarities still stirred in her. Mismatched eyes, lingering in the valley.

Gunnar’s presence soothed her, and his lack of worry steadied the race of her thoughts.

Malila. Welcome, she offered with a smile and a cordial nod, Tauris is our Nornir — our Second here, a fleeting glance to Gunnar,  are you a friend of hers?

Tauris had never mentioned her, but perhaps they knew each other from one of her excursions beyond packlands.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar is not blind to the similarities between the witch and this she wolf. But he saw no cruelty and her sides were not rounded as the witches should be given what he'd gleaned from others.

He offered a small smile to Taktuq and titled ears forward as the other spoke. For now he was merely support, nothing more.
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The female, Taktuq, seemed to warm up more. Extending the wayward Malila a welcome, while Gunnar was silent.

Her assumption that Tauris was here was right. She even held a rank, equivalent to a traditional second. The term they used, Nornir, was a foreign language to her, and of potential interest later. "It is nice to meet the both of you." She said in her soft voice. Mild mannered by nature.

A shake of her head, butter blonde fur shifting with the push of a slight breeze. "Not quite a friend." She smiled. "I met her upon my return to the area, where she was nice enough to give me a handout." Bi colored eyes turned thoughtful, but happy. "I just...got a good feeling from her, ya know. I wouldn't mind seeing her on a more...regular basis. Oh! If you have room, of course."
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Gunnar’s smile was enough.

She tried to take in the girl objectively now. There seemed a gentle respect about her. Proper. Well spoken. However long she had spent alone in the wilds had clearly not been enough to break her — and for this, Taktuq was glad.

A handout. Given how Tauris had treated Bonario, who had forced a handout from her, Taktuq decided her interaction with Malila must truly have been different. An act of compassion, perhaps, to a mild wolf who had needed the help.

A little smile spread over Taktuq’s face, humoured by the girl. Tauris is a good wolf to call friend, and Malila seemed like a good friend Tauris could use as well! There is room in Kvarsheim for any who wish to be a part of our family.

Though she did not look to Gunnar, she left her statement open for him to speak into and make the final call.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar said not much though his smile grew at the mention of the she wolf Tauris. Who he held a large dose of fatherly affection for.

I echo the sentiments of Taktuq.

Then he shifted and dipped his nose to the girl. If she wanted a place and she could help them thrive. HE was all for it. Though he briefly thought of the inner workings of the place. He knew that had quite a few now. There was still room for more, but would there be room for less once the pups of those who wanted came. Taktuq, Inkeri? Who else might suddenly become pregnant.
175 Posts
Ooc — Mai
There was room for her. And both Taktuq and Gunnar seemed to hold Tauris in high regard. Malila wondered how the woman would react to seeing her again.

But before she said yes, there were some things she wanted to know. And to disclose about herself. "What kind of a pack is Kvarsheim? Are there certain customs I should be aware of?"

She gave pause to let either wolf answer. "The last pack I was in was militaristic. I tried to make it work, but things didn't pan out."Just a glance at her showed she was no fighter. "I'm...not the best hunter either, but I had a passion for herbs and plants as a kid..." She hoped her pathetic skill set wouldn't get her turned away.