Ocean's Breath Plateau Amber
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Hearing about those who had joined Moontide, Samani set out in search of the most familiar. The man had been easy to talk to and confident in nature. From her understanding, he had belonged to Moonglow, Moonspear, and now made a home on the plateau.

The sea girl allowed the wind from the waters to greet her. The breeze that carried through the pack brushed through the hairs of her nape. Each scent that she picked up was different from the last. When she thought she had found the trail she was searching for, she quickened her pace. Samani hoped that she would not find @Chakliux too far ahead.
Moontide
First Warrior
856 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"ikulliak," chakliux greeted warmly when samani discovered him. he had been carrying scrolls of bark to paper the walls of the new lodge, but set these down when he saw her goldred figure approach.
in this place, their ways were not done. she was wife to rodyn, and chakliux would respect this.
it did not mean he showed no approval for samani's beauty in his eyes. "you are home then, from being with your mother?"
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Chakliux, her voice was sweet on the air as she greeted him. The smile spread along her lips and lifted to her eyes. They fell on the scrolls that he worked on. Interest drew her ears to a point.

The pale seal hunter commented on her time away from Moontide. Samani nodded.

I am home, yes. I was surprised to hear that you had joined us. It is good to have a familiar face here, the peachy woman said. Her tail waved as she took a step toward him and lowered her head to sniff at the bark scrolls. Hard at work, I see.

As her eyes lifted to his face, she nodded with approval.
Moontide
First Warrior
856 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
the seal hunter enjoyed the way his name was in her sunshine accent. "then i will be content and filled with happiness that you are home, samani."
a lingering glance, and then he stepped back, gesturing to the birch offerings. "i am building a new lodge for nasamik."
should he tell her of tullik? how would she understand his words?
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
So the seal hunter worked on a lodge for his wife. Samani watched him for a moment longer before her paws carried her forward and she leaned closer to his work.

Let me assist you, then. Two of us will make short work of this, the sea girl offered. She hoped that Chakliux might share more about his wife, about their relationship. There was something about him that made it difficult to believe that he would settle down. Then again, Samani did not know him well enough to speak this speculation aloud.

Do you enjoy being husband? I am sure your wife is proud to have you.

Samani did not wait for his permission. She began to help Chakliux with his lodge while keeping one of her ears trained to where he stood.
Moontide
First Warrior
856 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
samani, the seal hunter would never speak against samani's decision. "i enjoy being husband so much that now i have two wives," he told her, showing the sea walker woman how to place the bark against the side of the lodge, and unroll it slowly so that it did not tear.
pine sap and a quiet mouth while he worked, meaning to fill the spaces between the saplings which made one wall of the lodge.
it was as large as nasamik's home in moonspear had been. "i hope to keep her pride in me, and gain tullik's also."
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Two wives! Chakliux had done well for himself to have found women who cared for him so deeply. Samani had always wondered about these types of relationships. She had never found the courage to inquire such things with her mother. It was a touchy subject and one that was deeply personal. To the sea girl, that meant it was none of her business.

But Chakliux was an easy man to talk to and he had a confidence in his responses that put her mind at ease.

How do you like having two wives? I have seen my mother take more than one mate and I have always wondered… if there was enough love to share among all of them.
Moontide
First Warrior
856 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"it is not so bad. i wish they both lived in one place so i did not have to walk so many miles, but it is good for a man's strength," chakliux said. he wondered if there was a finer angle to her question, but did not want to offer her husband disrespect by saying lewd things.
"i do not like them for the same reasons. they are each their own woman." he worked in silence once more.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Chakliux was honest with his answer. It did not help Samani to understand. She admired him for his ability to love each woman for who they were.

Do they not get jealous with each other? she voiced her concern in question.

The peachy woman could not imagine another girl capturing Rodyn's heart. The very thought made her stomach clench with discomfort. Would he be the type of man who would seek love in the eyes of another woman? Samani did not think so, but she was not certain.
Moontide
First Warrior
856 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux did not mention that nasamik had not yet known this. "they each have their own lodge and their own home. i do not bring one woman into another's space. ah? what is there to be jealous of?"
arrogance, a man's own; he offered another grin and straightened. "will you come to the tidepools with me, samani?"
a shining hope, though a large part of his spirit felt she would decline.