Redtail Rise The Old Songs Are Waking
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
New Snow’s submissive acceptance prompted Masquerade to arch her head and tail a little more, acknowledging their respective places in the hierarchy. Her inner beast had begun to grouse upon catching the subtle changes in the Ulfr’s scent, though the ritual appeased it. New Snow might be the first to claim breeding rights, which threatened the younger Redtails’ positions by design. Yet it seemed they might be able to strike some sort of equilibrium…

I never meant to harm you, Masque broke the silence, or chase you out. Something about your scent that day flipped a switch in me. I couldn’t control it at first. I’m sorry for the way I behaved toward you. I want you to know I do plan to support you during your pregnancy. Your delivery too, if it happens here.

The Caru paused, wondering if she and her mate still kept a whelping den in the maple forest. Masquerade still thought they had a strong foundation for an allied pack. It might even make more sense now, with another mated pair on the rise. But remembering what Redd had said on the matter, she stayed mum.

I’m going to need yours too, Masque continued after a moment, voice softening as she nosed the rabbit closer, when my time comes.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
The Old Songs Are Waking - by Raider - January 12, 2024, 08:59 AM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by New Snow - January 12, 2024, 09:58 AM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by Raider - January 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by New Snow - January 12, 2024, 11:50 AM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by Raider - January 12, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by New Snow - January 12, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: The Old Songs Are Waking - by Raider - January 12, 2024, 02:57 PM